Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 22nd April 2008, 23:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

A) For common junta survey and adverts work, to a great extent
B) Opinions and taste differ, one mans wine is another mans pepsi
C) We also have our biases, be it based on experiences, ownership or fan following

Only thing we can do is share as realistically as possible our experiences and let others have more info to go through before they make a decision.

Coming back to the topic of survey, well i love ford from my first hand experience but wouldnt get carried away too much either, just coz of a survey.

Yes ford cars deliver at par mileage with proper usage, i have seen it with driver driven cars to make that statement. Engineered with more tolerance level than a typical jap manufacturer like suzuki or honda (first hand experience again) and are equally reliable with less frequent maintanence.

Then again its my experience.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
The Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan etc are fine cars.
Not when automatic transmissions fail at 25000 miles.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Not when automatic transmissions fail at 25000 miles.
These are initial quality surveys dude. so its ok to say that the build quality and finish is good or bad to start with. So when u get in a milan / fusion they feel pretty good. And i'll give the fusions a benefit of doubt for the sake that its launched just a year ago and most haven't reached 25k . reliability is obviously pathetic u know what i feel about that. btw the fusions based on the mazda 6 and hence my bias.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 23rd April 2008 at 00:47.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 03:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Auto tranny failure is reportedly common in the Fusion. Guess which part in that car wasn't designed by Mazda ?
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

i will give you a simple example of ford engineering.
If you have opened Ikon's hood, you will notice the strange placement of brake cylinder, yeah on the wrong side. it on left side. They forgot to place it on the right, when they made the car RHD.
So the pedal is retrofitted with a lever (very desi-style) from right side to left with a connecting rod which connects it to the mastercylinder. So instead of R&Ding on new engine bay layout, they just thought of this jugad. OFcource to save money, but still people bought it for 8+lac (top diesel model 1.8d).

this is just one example...!
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Comoooon. Indian manufacturing finishes are not top notch, but if you really prod you can find zillion such issues for many of the american or european cars (basically designed for LHD) that are adapted and launched here in India. From Wipers to fog lights to what not.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd April 2008 at 15:03.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes ford cars deliver at par mileage with proper usage, i have seen it with driver driven cars to make that statement.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Coming back to the topic of survey, well i love ford from my first hand experience but wouldnt get carried away too much either, just coz of a survey.
Once again, i agree.

As many here have said, a survey neednt tell the truth as it should. There are many ways of putting it forward.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote