Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 27th April 2008, 21:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures Kiran! Really loved the 356 & the Mako Shark Corvette!

But the pick for me is the Turbo (930, I think) & what an appropriate numberplate!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 22:28   #32
BHPian

WOW!!!!

I just love that porsche turbo.. I've always related the word Porsche with that picture in my mind ever since I was a kid..

Happy shuttering.. let the pics roll...
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Kiran, when did you go to Cal?
Well great going. If possible try to get to Huntington Beach at LA where Chip Foose is based. Im sure he would be delighted to know what a fan following he has in India.
Im sure you have given Karl some wet orgasmic dreams owing to your VW pics.
Where in Cal are you based and when are you getting back? where all are you travelling? You were right about not being able to spot Ferraris, Lambos or Rolls in the US especially in CAlifornia where youd expect them to be. We see more of those in India now a days. And yes more pics, more pics please.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:29   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
So have you noticed uptil now? What IS with californians and their love affair with chrome rims!! Infineon raceway would be a cool getaway. I'm sure of that. Any plans to visit Laguna Seca perhaps? Or San Diego/Los Angeles?? Do let me know if anything forces you to come the SoCal way..
Oh yes there are more bling bling chrome rims everywhere but those look really nice when put on a truck. The biggest I saw were say 23" (I assume) and on some GMC truck. Looked cool. I'll let you know of my LA plans since

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
So this is why you've been up at al odd hours. Jetlag my foot!
Haha, it is indeed jetlag man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Im expecting you to bring me back many goodies for my Beetle.
I can't go and tell the store guy to give me "many goodies", you've got to give me a list.

Quote:
The NorCal Bus show will be amazing. You will see such levels of restoration on lowly busses, it will drive you mad! The parking lot will also be full of interesting VWs not taking part in the show. Is there a swapmeet as well?
Yes it is a swap meet as well. You can check out a preview at - BUSFEST.NET. Don't miss MFF 692 Bus that looks to be from India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
However we are still very patiently and anxiously waiting for our share of FIAT pics?
Very soon Rony. I do have a picture or two that I got on email earlier. Would you like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But the pick for me is the Turbo (930, I think) & what an appropriate numberplate!!
Its for sale. So are most of the cars that you see enclosed in Bavaria enterprises. You are the first one to catch the number plate Ishan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
I just love that porsche turbo.. I've always related the word Porsche with that picture in my mind ever since I was a kid..
Happy shuttering.. let the pics roll...
Ohh yes sure.

I was driven around in San Jose downtown last night. Being a Saturday night the entire junta was on the road with their loud blaring dub audio systems and bling bling cars. Loud music, raving people, skimpily clad women, Escalade limo's and what not. It was bliss. We were going clubbing hence did not carry the camera. Got sloshed and returned home at 2 am. Next time I will take my camera without fail.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th April 2008 at 01:31.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Oh yes there are more bling bling chrome rims everywhere but those look really nice when put on a truck. The biggest I saw were say 23" (I assume) and on some GMC truck. Looked cool. I'll let you know of my LA plans since

Got sloshed and returned home at 2 am. Next time I will take my camera without fail.
Abbe... abhi toh sudhar jaa Kirru!!
Take your camera with you at all times dude.
Regarding the Bling Bling wheels, didnt you see a lot of black wheels on most cars all of sudden? I too noticed that last year when I was there at almost the same time.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:54   #36
BANNED

Oh no!
I thought Kiran is posting some pictures he got as some email forward or so and skipped the thread completely. My bad!

Nice pictures buddy. You're good with your camera too. Eh? Would like to see more of bling and muscles. And ofcourse, some skin and tattoos! Cars with all those packed up stuff, nitrous, neons etc...

Now, as everybody is demanding.. We're waiting for the FiAT pictures.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 02:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its for sale. So are most of the cars that you see enclosed in Bavaria enterprises. You are the first one to catch the number plate Ishan.
Thank you! Since it's for sale, is there anyway you can carry it back with you for me? Please??????

Quote:
Got sloshed and returned home at 2 am. Next time I will take my camera without fail.
Huh??? I thought you had given up drinking!! Or is it due to foreign locales & loneliness!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 03:15   #38
BANNED

Hey kiran?? Here is the question that everyone wants to ask you. Wore a skirt yet?

Ohh and FIAT pictures please!!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 04:30   #39
BHPian

@ Moralfibre - You need to come down to Los Angeles, they have the most exotics here....let me know if you are down here. PM me and I'll give you my number.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 08:57   #40
Team-BHP Support

My apartment basement:

Name:  27apr08004fd6.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  126.9 KB

Name:  27apr08006qx4.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  222.1 KB

What I was driven around in today:

Name:  27apr08008hz8.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  231.0 KB

This ones for Amee

Name:  27apr08009tz6.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  332.5 KB

Gas prices:

Name:  27apr08012em0.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  249.8 KB

Name:  27apr08007il3.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  357.0 KB
Attached Images

Old 28th April 2008, 09:06   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Kiran, when did you go to Cal?
Well great going. If possible try to get to Huntington Beach at LA where Chip Foose is based. Im sure he would be delighted to know what a fan following he has in India.
Its been 7 days here now. How difficult would it be to get across to Chip Foose directly?

Quote:
Where in Cal are you based and when are you getting back? where all are you travelling? You were right about not being able to spot Ferraris, Lambos or Rolls in the US especially in CAlifornia where youd expect them to be. We see more of those in India now a days. And yes more pics, more pics please.
I am based in Sunnyvale. I will be going to Vegas for a few days on work and then back to Sunnyvale. Miami is on the cards as well but lets see.
My cousin lives in Pasadena which happens to be close to LA(?)

My companies owner has a Ferrari F430 and I hope to get a short passenger ride in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Abbe... abhi toh sudhar jaa Kirru!!
Take your camera with you at all times dude.
Regarding the Bling Bling wheels, didnt you see a lot of black wheels on most cars all of sudden? I too noticed that last year when I was there at almost the same time.
No yaar didn't really get sloshed. Went to a nice place called Tied house where they brew you fresh beer. And the scene here is pretty bad. You have to finish dinner by 10 max or else you are left starving. Then hit the bar. San Jose downtown rocks. I wish I had my camera there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Thank you! Since it's for sale, is there anyway you can carry it back with you for me? Please??????
Hahaha, I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Now, as everybody is demanding.. We're waiting for the FiAT pictures.
Quote:
Ohh and FIAT pictures please!!!
Yes sure. Next week. I am going there probably on the 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Hey kiran?? Here is the question that everyone wants to ask you. Wore a skirt yet?
Cyrus, if you wish to see me in a skirt then you must move to SFO very soon. Pack your bags with loads of Purple t-shirts.

Quote:
Huh??? I thought you had given up drinking!! Or is it due to foreign locales & loneliness!
Guess that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@ Moralfibre - You need to come down to Los Angeles, they have the most exotics here....let me know if you are down here. PM me and I'll give you my number.
Now I need to spend a weekend in LA at least. Let me make a plan and PM you.
Old 28th April 2008, 09:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I will be going to Vegas for work.
Work in Sin City ??? Ya right!

Quote:
Miami is on the cards
Most recommended. Was there for 3 months and it's killerrr! Night scene is smokin' hot but us non-americans are not welcomed in most clubs. I mean they let you in but you'll be stared at throughout the night and not in a good way..

Quote:
Now I need to spend a weekend in LA at least.
That would be cool. I'll try and drop in if it's ok with you all.

Last edited by rev_hard : 28th April 2008 at 09:22.
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 09:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Work in Sin City ??? Ya right!
No man, seriously I have lot of work there.

Quote:
Most recommended. Was there for 3 months and it's killerrr! Night scene is smokin' hot but us non-americans are not welcomed in most clubs. I mean they let you in but you'll be stared at throughout the night and not in a good way..
Yeah I figured that out last night itself. I had to show my ID for entry first and then it wasn't as comfortable as it would be in any clubs in home town.

Quote:
That would be cool. I'll try and drop in if it's ok with you all.
How about a LA meet? I'll try and get Stratos along.
Old 28th April 2008, 09:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics! Keep them coming.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 09:56   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes it is a swap meet as well. You can check out a preview at - BUSFEST.NET. Don't miss MFF 692 Bus that looks to be from India.
Hehe, MFF 692 would be an English regn plate, not Indian.

It sounds very familiar, I think it is a regular on the bus show circuit.
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote