Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th April 2008, 10:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

BUT! Not a single Fiat. (Not even a commited/married one)
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:18   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
BUT! Not a single Fiat. (Not even a commited/married one)
I did see a couple of them. One was a 2.0 L, one 1800 and a 124. All non runners.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I did see a couple of them. One was a 2.0 L, one 1800 and a 124. All non runners.

Lucky you. I hadn't seen any (excepting a well maintained 500) in most of my trips to US. I have however seen Peugeot's every time. Even a couple of Lancias (one was an aurelia). All these I guess were direct imports rather than marketed by their manufacturers.

The 124 that you saw was the sedan or spyder?
Old 28th April 2008, 10:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
I am based in Sunnyvale. I will be going to Vegas for a few days on work and then back to Sunnyvale. Miami is on the cards as well but lets see.
My cousin lives in Pasadena which happens to be close to LA(?)
Pasadena is like 5 miles from where I live and yes Pasadena is a suburb of LA if you will.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th April 2008 at 22:28. Reason: Bold changed to Quote.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:29   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 124 that you saw was the sedan or spyder?

Spyder, I am not sure though. I can't differentiate. I am going to Vallejo this weekend with my Fiat owner friend. He has an Alfetta which he will be doing up over the week so that I get a taste of being driven in the Alfa.

Quote:
Pasadena is like 5 miles from where I live and yes Pasadena is a suburb of LA if you will.
Great. Then I'll make a plan and PM you.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

thanks MF for sharing all the pics ..... 356 pics were real good, just love that car

keep them coming .....
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 02:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Is he thinking of restoring this car? If not, I know a taker for the grille on it.
Old 29th April 2008, 03:10   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is he thinking of restoring this car? If not, I know a taker for the grille on it.
Why do you think I carried all these parts for him? None of his cars are for sale currently. And if they are I have booked enough storage space in the apartment for parts.
Old 30th April 2008, 21:06   #54
BHPian

Cali Guys - How often do you see Ferraris,Lambos and Rolls Royce in west coast (not on exops on Roads) ? This is my third year in Boston, and I have never seen a Rolls Royce on Boston roads - happen to see two of them in NY.
I have seen couple of Ferraris and Lambos, but not exceeding 10..I think people are not taking out these exotics coz of the snowy weather here.
Btw,therez a Maseratti showroom next to my work place, so my day starts with seeing these beauties
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 02:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Cali Guys - How often do you see Ferraris,Lambos and Rolls Royce in west coast (not on exops on Roads) ? This is my third year in Boston, and I have never seen a Rolls Royce on Boston roads - happen to see two of them in NY.
I have seen couple of Ferraris and Lambos, but not exceeding 10..I think people are not taking out these exotics coz of the snowy weather here.
Btw,therez a Maseratti showroom next to my work place, so my day starts with seeing these beauties
I Live in Los Angeles and I see them very often, there is a guy that owns a dodge viper in my building.

I have seen several Phantoms, Lambos and ferrari 360's are very common here. Unfortunately I have not been lucky enough to see a Veyron or an Enzo.
I once saw a Detomaso Guara. I have seen several Bentley Conti Gt's at an average of 2-3 per week.

People usually take these cars out on weekends (except phantoms).
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 05:41   #56
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Cali Guys - How often do you see Ferraris,Lambos and Rolls Royce in west coast (not on exops –on Roads) ? This is my third year in Boston, and I have never seen a Rolls Royce on Boston roads - happen to see two of them in NY.
In NoCal, where I live [Smack dab in Silicon Valley] I see exotics all the time..>DDs!!! In fact where my brother's condo is, there are a couple of Ferraris, loads of Porsches, and well tons of Vettes in the parking...
Seen only 3 phantoms though. Stuff like Conti GTs and such are night time rides...
Mostly young guys behind the wheels of these things...

In SoCal, where I live, there are way, way too many exotics, too many to count [It's just off of LA]. In the community, Beamers and Mercs are what you get when you turn 16 [although now the guys want EVOs, Scoobys and other tuners]

They have more flashy cars, but in NoCal, the cars are used on the daily...

Bottom line, wanna see loads of beautiful cars, go to SoCal!

cheers:
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 01:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Haha well in the US, Stangs, Vettes and Beetles aren't exotics...Neither is the Cayenne
So welcome to checking out regular American cars...Then again not everyone in the states has nice cars like these, Cali is blessed. Also Sunnyvale isn't one of the richer towns in Cali.

Hit up SD, SF, or PV to see some of the best cars ever!
DocG don't forget about Palo Alto. One of the most expensive place to live in north cali. One car that i see everyday is SLR, driven by doctor at Stanford Hospital.
1fstndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

The best I've seen here in Houston- a DB9,couple of Lambos & Bentleys.
The East & West coasts are the places to find the goodie goodie cars!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:52   #59
Team-BHP Support

What would you guys say about this: ---South Florida Toys Naples Run---(56k no no) - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Aiiiyaaaa yaaaay!!! What in the world's name is that!!
I need a few more of these smileys.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote