Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 01:02   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Florida Tries to ban Fake Truck Testicles.

Source:Mumbai Mirror(pg21) and Reuters.


Quote:
Senate Lawmakers in florida have voted to ban the fake bull testicles that dangle from the trailer hitches of trucks and cars in the state.............




.........Motorists would be fined 60$ (Rs,2410) for displaying the novelty items known as "Truck Nutz".....
Attached Images
 
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 01:22   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

A very common sight in Texas. I must admit,some look so real,one would have to take a close look to make sure they aren't the real ones (or two, actually).
Nitin is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 01:54   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
A very common sight in Texas. I must admit,some look so real,one would have to take a close look to make sure they aren't the real ones (or two, actually).
Can we have some pictures next time??
This is hilarious.
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 08:43   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

ive never seen anything like this. why would people put them on the back of a truck?
Akshay1234 is online now  
Old 28th April 2008, 09:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

The same guy tried to outlaw baggy pants Lol
Quote:
Lionel Spruill, known for his failed attempt in 2005 to ban baggy pants, says the motivation for his latest idea came from a constituent.
Ananova - Testicles face snip

Forget Baggy Pants: Virginia General Assembly Now After Truck Testicles
Sankar is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 09:26   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 363
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
ive never seen anything like this. why would people put them on the back of a truck?
Errr. they imagine they are cowboys and riding a bull perhaps!! Now a bull would/n't____ you get the drift?
rev_hard is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 09:34   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

while I am all for freedom of expression, sometimes these things border on the vulgar, distasteful and occasionally downright offensive!
anyway what else can one expect of a culturally challenged, red-neck driven bunch of chaps out there?
Frankly it is stupid and a complete waste of time (IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Errr. they imagine they are cowboys and riding a bull perhaps!! Now a bull would/n't____ you get the drift?
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 10:58   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
while I am all for freedom of expression, sometimes these things border on the vulgar, distasteful and occasionally downright offensive!
anyway what else can one expect of a culturally challenged, red-neck driven bunch of chaps out there?
Frankly it is stupid and a complete waste of time (IMO)
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th April 2008 at 11:00.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 11:09   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.
Well Said - Cheers cheers:
khanak is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 12:13   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Very well said tsk.

@Nitin: A very ridiculous question...are these novelty items 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional?! I'm ROFLMAO to my own question!
Jayabusa is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 12:18   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

You said it, Tanveer!!
anupmathur is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 12:45   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.
Totally agree, tsk! It's a free forum.

On the lighter side, people come up with some real b***s of ideas to hang stuff on their trucks!

Edit : Interesting !! I didn't know offensive language is automatically ***'d !!

And yes : Florida tries to ban fake truck testicles. Arre bhai, what are real truck testicles ??

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th April 2008 at 12:48.
FlyingSpur is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 13:32   #13
BHPian
 
flipsyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 636
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

onnnnly the americans could have POSSIBLY come up with something like truck testicles!!!! LOL!!

what the HELL were they thinking!!!!!!!!!
flipsyde is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 13:38   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
...
And yes : Florida tries to ban fake truck testicles. Arre bhai, what are real truck testicles ??
the differential housings ???
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 28th April 2008, 13:48   #15
BHPian
 
hmishra83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City & New Delhi
Posts: 222
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.

Very weel said. I totally agree with your point of view and I am one of the people in here who may have actually seen these. One of my colleagues in Houston had these hooked to his Tundra. I couldnt ask him why though

Last edited by hmishra83 : 28th April 2008 at 13:58.
hmishra83 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RoadTrip: 4900 miles (7885 kms) Florida to CaliFornia Mike89 Travelogues 14 14th January 2011 15:31
Travelogue: Florida Drive (Cocoa beach & Disney) akroy Travelogues 17 1st June 2010 18:38
Shocking news : $166000 paid for a 10 week labrador pup in Florida santanu Shifting gears 0 31st January 2009 19:55
Florida Motorshow Pics adityapd The International Automotive Scene 0 25th November 2004 12:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks