Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 7th May 2008, 01:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
did anyone noticed in the first pic it has 2 x BMW logo's now thats whacky
I noticed it too,but I guess its not yet in the 'whacky' territory. being a concept vehicle,anything's possible..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 10:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

I was a big fan of the old M1. This concept car retains a lot of styling cues from the old one. I do hope BMW puts it into production with the M5's unrestricted V10. Finally, BMW would have made a car that I'd want.
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 01:44   #18
BHPian

I like it already. I guess they didn't team up with Lamborghini this time, to make the M1.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 13:53   #19
BHPian

Theres nothing whacky about it. The Original M1 had two logos at the rear. On either side just like this concept. I love the concept. It really does retain a lot of the styling from the old one just as Aditya has pointed out. I always loved the old wheels and was wondering how they would replicate that. I think they've done it fantastically in the concept.

The only thing I dont like is the front headlights. It looks too much like the new camaro. They should have stuch to pop-ups or concealed head lamps or something.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I noticed it too,but I guess its not yet in the 'whacky' territory. being a concept vehicle,anything's possible..

Last edited by aah78 : 8th May 2008 at 22:09. Reason: Duplicate post deleted.
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Now does that tail remind me of 'The supercar cocktail'-Saleen S5S Raptor.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 19:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

smart.sexy.confident. LOVE IT!
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Rumor : Is the BMW M1 back in play?

Rumor: Is the BMW M1 back in play ?

Rumor of the day, Autoexpress UK opens with the following headline: BMWs M1 is back!

According to our UK fellows, the new M1 is based on the recently unveiled BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept and it will launch in 2012.The M1 is rumored to have ultra-low ride height, active aerodynamics and an aggressive rear end, similar to the Vision Concept. Inside, the two-plus-two seating will remain intact, but latest gadgetry will be incorporated: digital dash, multimedia connectivity and an advanced version of the the iDrive.
The focus of the new BMW M1 will be on performance and efficiency, even if some comfort levels will need to be sacrificed.

As far as power, the engine seen in the Vision Concept will power the new M1: the 3-cylinder 1.5-litre hybrid engine with electric motors.

AutocarExpress says that to make the most of this raw speed, the M1 will be equipped with BMWs Air Curtain system. This arrangement channels airflow through the front bumper and out ahead of the front wheels. It reduces turbulence in the wheelarches and cuts the cars drag coefficient to 0.22Cd the lowest of any BMW. Subtle folds in the bodywork will also create downforce without the need to use large spoilers.

One of their sources also confirmed our previous statements, the new hybrid engine is virtually production ready, along with the DCT gearbox already used in the M3. Our DCT gearbox already available in the M3 offers quick shifts, and the new cars chassis is a piece of art. Crucially, its ready for the road.

The source also suggested that this will an Audi R8 rival, so prices are expected to be in the same range.
Our take on this: for months now, BMW has denied the future plans of an

M1 vehicle, sources close to the company said that a 135i Supersport version, with M1-like characteristics, will be available in the near future. Recently, there have been more news regarding a future Z model based on the Vision Concept, some mentioning a Z2, Z9 or even Z10 roadster. At this point, we cant really speculate further, were trying to see if we can shed some light on this, so we will let you know as soon as we hear something.
It is also known that, in the past, BMW has drastically changed their future plans, so we wouldnt be surprised if the widely positive press and reactions the Vision EfficientDynamics Concept received, might have influenced their decision to build an M1 supercar.

Attached Images

maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 03:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I'd probably be more intrested in the new line of the Z roadster. If the M1 has to look like whats shown in the rendering,it'll go nowhere!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote