Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 7th January 2009, 15:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think that is what I have posted that the news about Suzuki Kizashi being canceled is exaggerated.

I have first posted the news that said the car being canceled and in next post, I have posted a link that says the car is coming to NY show. And at the NY show, its going to be production version.
Oops! I missed it.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 19:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

The 3.6 V6 sounds like the General Motors Hi-Feature V6, unless Suzuki is building their own.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 22:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The 3.6 V6 sounds like the General Motors Hi-Feature V6, unless Suzuki is building their own.
The 3.6 will be mostly the LY7 from GM and presently used by Suzuki in its American exclusive GM Theta based XL-7. This is the engine that Suzuki produces with license from GM.
Suzuki seems to be more focussed on developing their own 2.0 ltr diesel engine and in these troubled economic times, I think that Suzuki is not very much interested in developing a new 3.6 V6 for itself. It has already spent a lot of money for obtaining license from GM.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 11:42   #34
BHPian

looks great. I hope the production version looks as good.
raveen_2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 00:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why, but the Suzuki logo makes their cars look feminine.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 17:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Some update that I could figure out.

Source : Spied! Is This the Suzuki Kizashi at a Kansas Rest Stop? | Motortrend News & Auto Blog - Wide Open Throttle

Article :
Quote:

As Motor Trend reader Michael Kalkofen arrived at a hotel in Kansas at midnight, he stumbled on a few camouflaged Suzukis that could well be the Kizashi, the sedan aiming at Camry and Accord customers. Fortunately, the cars remained overnight, allowing Kalkofen to take and send us pictures that reveal a sedan identical in form to previously spied vehicles that reports have pegged as the new Kizashi.

Kalkofen writes, "They were pretty cool little cars. The interiors were very nice, as you can see in a couple of the shots. They weren't very big cars though. The interior didn't appear to be real roomy. As you will see in the pictures, the wheels and exhaust are very cool."

Indeed. We also see two transmission offerings, an indicated redline of about 6500 rpm, steering wheel-mounted audio and Bluetooth controls, an audio system with a large center display, and what looks to be a push-button start, indicating proximity keys.

We expect the production Kizashi to appear at the Los Angeles auto show in December.
PS : One of the images is from another location.
Attached Images

aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 18:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Interiors look quite plush and contemporary.Iwonder when will it debut in India and at what price?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote