Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th May 2008, 03:54   #1
Team-BHP Support

Thumbs up F149

California, because it's the sucessor to the older 250 based California(s).
Probably to please the bunch of majority buyers who'll be from Hollywood, CA .

Personally I think F149 is a much better name - but then Enzo wasn't my ancestor.

Looks wise, I don't find much wrong with it - though I'm not a huge fan of the vertical exhausts - I prefer the horizontal quad exhausts of the F430. And a slightly slimmer trunk would have done nicely.
Nothing that I can't live with - it's all well and good. Overall, I think it's pretty well packaged.

Cheap (projected to be slightly less than the F430!) - it definitely will be not - though I'd love it if it were so...
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 06:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah! finally a beautiful front engined car from Ferrari. I didn't quite like the 612 or 599 but this one is a bullseye. Is is Pininfarina doing the honours again?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 18:11   #3
BHPian

Good looking car. It really has those pleasing looks. Also as dippy said it could be more good looking if seen in flesh. Thanks for sharing the pics abhiram.

dhaval
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 20:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Ah! finally a beautiful front engined car from Ferrari. I didn't quite like the 612 or 599 but this one is a bullseye. Is is Pininfarina doing the honours again?
I believe so. There's an article on this month's Road & Track,that says the same.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 22:17   #5
BHPian

Does anyone else think that the rear looks a bit like the Lexus SC430?

spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 03:58   #6
BHPian

Found this

MILAN: Ferrari will unveil at the Paris show next October a new car called the California, its first convertible with a retractable hard top.

Although the Italian luxury sports car maker of Formula One fame has only released the slightest of details about the car, it has given its fans a sneak peak by posting photos of it on the Internet.

The car has a V8 engine like the F430 Scuderia, but it is placed in the front rather than the back. And it is strong enough to propel the two-seater from zero to 100 km/h in less than four seconds.

Other details about the car have yet to be published, but it will be similar in size to the F430, according to a spokesman.

The car, which is similar to the 1957 250 California in name only, will arrive on the market in early 2009, he said.

Its price tag has yet to be posted.

"It's not a cheap car. It's not an entry-level car," the spokesman added.

Ferrari is a subsidiary of Fiat, the Italian industrial group.

SOURCE: Ferrari to unveil new car at Paris autoshow in Oct- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 16:06   #7
BHPian

Default Looks are good

Looks good to me. Love to see it in flesh and then comment on it.
jayguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 23:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats not FERRARI thats Lightning McQueen Lightning McQueen (Character)

Hehe Jokes apart.
Well not a looker but I wont term it as BAD LOOKER
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 23:08   #9
BHPian

i like it more and more, wonderful proportions.
Attached Images

garychopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 00:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garychopper View Post
i like it more and more, wonderful proportions.
Yeah its nice, but not a nice ferrari in my opinion, its lazy looking, not a lot of "wow! look at that" appeal to it.

I am not saying I wouldnt drive one, but I wouldnt want one, considering it will be as expensive as F430 or more, I think ferrari has lost at.

Ferrari needs to see what Lambo is doing..

but to say it again, it sure does have a appeal, for a maserati(since thats what its copied) or a BMW or a MB but not a ferrari..But this car has better proportions considering a hard top than any other hard top, I will give it that..slightly better than the SL, but for the same money, class and everything else you will be able to buy a SL65 Black Series..which will just blow it out the water in every category!!

Last edited by 1Day : 31st May 2008 at 00:29.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:04   #11
BHPian

Thumbs down

The car looks like a slightly modified, shirinked version of the 599...and particularly the side profile resembles the Honda S2000...
personally i fell Ferrari is stooping to Porsche's level to make something for the 'entry' level, this is like the boxster for the poorer people who can't afford the 911..except for the hard top roof there's really nothing which stands out in this model.

Last edited by comfortablywacky : 3rd June 2008 at 19:05.
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 22:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablywacky View Post
The car looks like a slightly modified, shirinked version of the 599...and particularly the side profile resembles the Honda S2000...
personally i fell Ferrari is stooping to Porsche's level to make something for the 'entry' level, this is like the boxster for the poorer people who can't afford the 911..except for the hard top roof there's really nothing which stands out in this model.
Dude this is going to be more expensive than the F430, so really in price ferrari isnt stoopping, it is making a fool of all those lawyers and docs who have no idea what a real sports car is and goes ahead and buys a ferrari just for the heck of it.

This car cant cost more than the F430, considering it is going to be made in more numbers?? Ferrari has lost it..to price it higher than the F430..this should have been no more than a 165-175k car to compete with the Conti GT and DB9

Last edited by 1Day : 4th June 2008 at 22:01.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote