Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 29th August 2010, 17:36   #16

Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
I remember reading somewhere that luxury car sales in China had a huge surge when the countrys GDP passed the 2 trillion mark. they are expecting the same to happen in India. From what i have observed.. I tend to agree. Almost all my friends see themselves owning a C Class / 3 Series or A4 in the next 5-10 years
I'm not sure about the taxation policy in China on imported cars however I firmly believe if the Indian govt does away with the 105% duty, we would see an extraordinary surge in the sales of all premium car brands. Would be interesting to see the results when the Indian economy reaches the 2 Trillion mark.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 20:29   #17

>>> Lads,

We are approximately five-seven years behind the Chinese in the economic curve. Our premium section is now growing fast - in line with better profits for entrepreneurs and salaries for our executives - who will plonk their cash for a bit of premium metal - for the snob value plus performance.

Also, greater competition, greater offtake, domestic assembly, combined will lead to more competitive (read more affordable) pricing, relatively speaking. Greater incomes at the hands of the upper middle classes ( and down the line too) will lead to fulfilling the demand which has been there since 1947 to 1991 and beyond.

The one thing our hypocritical netas and their babus forget is that the rich already have their toys (regardless of the political or the economic system prevailing).
Let the middle classes have their day. The classes below are also in the queue and getting restive

issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote