Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 23rd June 2008, 23:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just Curious! does ferrari has cup holder and mobile charger/12v points??
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 01:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I remember, Ferrari made one extra Enzo, not 100 extra. Who said the manufacturer did create a contract ? Look tat the end result - limited edition = high retained value + more. A few more cars may not make too much of a difference

Ferrari do ask owners not to indulge and filter the orders. The owners go back on their words
Its more or less a contract when the manufacturers announces that they will make this "limited ed" car for you in 400 pieces and keep the price to be 650k and have 2nd hand market go crazy. The limited numbers inflate the resale to 1m or more, when really they are slowly making more than desired number of cars. Its all supply and demand. If there were more cars, they would never sell for 1m, granted in this example they only made some 40-100 more cars, but what about F40. They intended to make 400 cars, but ended up selling 1312 Shame on ferrari for that, when you say something you might as well keep your word.

Lets take pricing examples, 1300 CGT were made, that was the intention, you think CGT wasnt as great a car to command 1m price tag? Ofcourse it was, infact it was almost better, let alone MSRP and above, it never sold for thousand under MSRP too, there were new ones with 50k discount and 100k discounts lying around because of the large quantities. You think if 1300 enzos were made, you would see the price of 1m and above for that? no way.

plus its a myth that ferrari asks owners to not flip, there is no such request. its more like a unsaid understanding, but since people(buyers) are crazy here in the US, they are willing to pay anything to get a hold of one..I personally dont see anything special about most ferraris, atleast nothing more special than lambo for instance..

anyhow my point is, when you say 400, keep it at 400 or else dont mention the #, just say very limited quantities..

Last edited by 1Day : 24th June 2008 at 01:59.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 04:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

I know the feeling Ferrari owners feel, the hurt, the loss, the emotion of being swindled, the degradation. I felt the same thing when I found out there were more than 400 Sumo Spacios out there. How could Tata do this to ME?

When I found out, I cried like a baby. Then I parked my Spacio in my driveway and just started throwing rocks at it from my porch. Of course, one Spacio was presented to the Pope but still......

The above is satire. What I am saying is that people who think this is an important issue in their lives need to reflect a little more on what they are doing and thinking IMHO.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 09:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I know the feeling Ferrari owners feel, the hurt, the loss, the emotion of being swindled, the degradation. I felt the same thing when I found out there were more than 400 Sumo Spacios out there. How could Tata do this to ME?

When I found out, I cried like a baby. Then I parked my Spacio in my driveway and just started throwing rocks at it from my porch. Of course, one Spacio was presented to the Pope but still......

The above is satire. What I am saying is that people who think this is an important issue in their lives need to reflect a little more on what they are doing and thinking IMHO.
A nice one at that...and i agree its not a thing to discuss in life, but so is anything related to which car exists in india and how much it costs and who brought it in, but we are all here discussing it, its more or less time pass, we need automotive things to discuss because we are gearheads..right??

pay almost 5cr for your Spacio and then if TATA made more than 400 of them, i am sure you would still be willing to overlook it? its all relative. Why do you think a piece of art sells for millions, its only one reason, because no one else can have it..if that person got to know that the artist actually made more examples of the same, he would for sure complain..eg. Monalisa, what would you think of it as anything great, if more than 1 copy was made by Vinci himself?

Last edited by 1Day : 24th June 2008 at 09:44.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post

Dude, When you're paying for exclusivity and not the car, exclusivity is what you should get. Im with the guys who feel cheated.
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 01:18   #21
BHPian

[quote=1Day;874112]there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp(considering how many are there). There are people there with FXXs and FXX Evo's on ferrarichat, there should be no shadow of doubt when the fact becomes universally accepted by most ferrari owners there.

Ferrari did this with F40 as well, I dont know what the real figures were suppose to be, but last i checked it was suppose to be between 500-1000, but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners, they did the same with F50, so there is no reason for them not to do this with the Enzo, plus there is a registry of Enzo owners and their car VIN nums which gives out an almost accurate(less) count.

I can't understand why Ferrari would make such a fuss about selling their "400th" Enzo if they really produced more than 400 cars for official sale to customers.
Yes I completely agree that the count after the last and final 400th customer sale cars maybe more than 400 because of the show cars. What's the number of total Enzo "Show Cars" is something I have no clue about..5,33,46??
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 01:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

More Enzos?! Definitely yes!
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 10:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Brabus E V12;879235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp(considering how many are there). There are people there with FXXs and FXX Evo's on ferrarichat, there should be no shadow of doubt when the fact becomes universally accepted by most ferrari owners there.

Ferrari did this with F40 as well, I dont know what the real figures were suppose to be, but last i checked it was suppose to be between 500-1000, but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners, they did the same with F50, so there is no reason for them not to do this with the Enzo, plus there is a registry of Enzo owners and their car VIN nums which gives out an almost accurate(less) count.

I can't understand why Ferrari would make such a fuss about selling their "400th" Enzo if they really produced more than 400 cars for official sale to customers.
Yes I completely agree that the count after the last and final 400th customer sale cars maybe more than 400 because of the show cars. What's the number of total Enzo "Show Cars" is something I have no clue about..5,33,46??
I really dont know, but thats how it is with ferrari, F40 400 but ended up with 1312, F50 also something similar, atleast in the case of the enzo it wasnt that bad. BTW show cars and museum cars account to no more than 4-5.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Anyways quite a few Enzo's have been totalled. You can dig out that thread. So the prices would have gone up a wee bit more as there are only that many more Enzo's to sell !!!

What's the point in buying a Ferrari and keeping it in one's garage. Its meant to be driven and enjoyed, not locked up out of sight.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote