Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th June 2008, 23:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
But so is this, the shape didnt change, but the stylish interior and that beautiful clear engine bay cover is a good extra hence its not a bad option to have for some..

As for the reventon, i agree, but i was only pointing out that it was nothing more than a LP with a new sexy boday kit and not worth the 1.2m price tag, that was a complete rip off..anyhow the murci is due for a redesign in the next 2 yrs, next yr is going to be the LP640 SV as 2010 model and then we should have the redesigned murci as a 2011 or 2012 with the G changing in 2013/4

Agree with you, but then I really dont like this strategy. The original car itself is an exotic supercar. It doesnt need this glass cover. Interior update can be given without Edition tag.

But this is a that will see people and class of different world. If they are ready to buy this car, well Lambo will continue to make it.

But I am still not happy about the stock engine. Expected a 20 extra from Lambo. Hope fully it will come in SV
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 00:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
we had 2 of these coupes(one black one white) in chciago for sale.

guess how long it took for them to sell, if you are guessing months then you are right, I believe it took more than 2-4 mo, but considering the pricing was 1/2mil it was expected, no one in there right mind was going to pay 140k extra for versace monogram, 20-40k ok, but 140k over a regular LP is crazy..
Wow, Thats pretty quick...so i guess all these limited/special editions do make sense after all, I mean as long as there are people willing to pay those prices right? Thanks for the pics.+info.
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 00:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Agree with you, but then I really dont like this strategy. The original car itself is an exotic supercar. It doesnt need this glass cover. Interior update can be given without Edition tag.

But this is a that will see people and class of different world. If they are ready to buy this car, well Lambo will continue to make it.

But I am still not happy about the stock engine. Expected a 20 extra from Lambo. Hope fully it will come in SV
problem with the murci is not that it lacks power, the problem are as follows:

1. overweight
2. outdated e-gear(no dct type system)
3. not a good performance platform/chasis(like how the Lambo G is)
4. not a sophisticated awd system, too much drive train loss(GT-R drive train loss is about 9-10% whereas lambo is more like 22%)

if they fix the 4 things from the LP without adding power then it will be a world class performance machine.

unfortunately lambo senior execs arnt on that path yet esp not considering fixing 2 & 4 and they will maybe fixing 1.

lets see how it turns out. I completely love lambo's in your face exterior but i still am for ferrari's driving dynamics..

Last edited by 1Day : 26th June 2008 at 00:13.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote