Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 27th June 2008, 09:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

1 Million Euro's + Tax... isnt it too much!
There's no history or pedigree... paying this amount for a wanabe supercar maker with borrowed technology is ridiculous in my opinion.
Why not a Veyron for a few more... that will cream this one in starightline and corners alike and looks a million times better.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 13:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
If you have so much money that you've outgrown all your car needs (daily driver, highway cruiser, off-roader etc.), then you go for these hypercars.
People probably use it like once a month, but they still use it.

I guess it costs them like half a million bucks every year just to keep it in running condition.

Anyway nice work by Pagani though. Wonder what else they have left for the Zonda before they finally retire it.

Its true that most of the supercar owners buy the cars to basically let everyone know that 'I have arrived' or 'Look at me, I'm rich!'..but there are a few out there who buy them for genuine performance reasons..

Servicing these cars again costs as much as a brand new small car...
But unusually in the case of the Zondas, a full service costs approx 1500 (Rs 120,000)...Now that is peanuts in case of a Zonda..
The recommended service intervals for engine, gearbox and diff oil changes is 10,000km.
The spark plugs are only needed every 60,000km, something which is unheard of in the supercar territory.
But the fuel tank needs changing every ten years.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 20:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There's no history or pedigree... paying this amount for a wanabe supercar maker with borrowed technology is ridiculous in my opinion.
Why not a Veyron for a few more... that will cream this one in starightline and corners alike and looks a million times better.
Oh my gawd, you are clueless about Pagani(sorry to say, i know its your opinion, but its like someone saying McLaren F1 is a kit car)..I would buy a Zonda F, a Zonda F Roadster, a Zonda Cinque before i consider a Veyron...and then also i will a long list of other cars before the veyron, its nothing but a super fast bug..

Zonda's are far above any bugs out there...and its just not my opinion, its most people's opinion in the hypercar world

Last edited by 1Day : 27th June 2008 at 20:58.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 22:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Oh my gawd, you are clueless about Pagani(sorry to say, i know its your opinion, but its like someone saying McLaren F1 is a kit car)..I would buy a Zonda F, a Zonda F Roadster, a Zonda Cinque before i consider a Veyron...and then also i will a long list of other cars before the veyron, its nothing but a super fast bug..

Zonda's are far above any bugs out there...and its just not my opinion, its most people's opinion in the hypercar world
This man knows what he's talking about. Seconded.
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Pagani Zonda Cinque coming to Geneva

Source:Car News and reviews, videos, wallpapers, pictures, free games and more. - Top Speed

We’ve been getting excited about the Pagani Zonda R coming to Geneva, but as it turns out the track-only car will have to share Pagani’s stage. The Zonda Cinque will also peek its head at the motor show this week.
The Zonda Cinque is basically a Zonda R with the production numbers halved (five total expected) and is road legal. Just like the Zonda R, the Zonda Cinque will share little parts with the similar-looking . Some of the main elements that distinguish the Cinque from the F will be the improved aerodynamics in front and the intake scoop on the roof.
More power is also expected for this latest road-going Zonda. 678 hp from a V12 engine was first reported back in June, but since the Zonda R makes 750 hp, we may be able to expect more from the Cinque. We’ll get all our answers later this week in Geneva.
Name:  paganizondafcinquw.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  15.2 KB</div>   <div style=

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd March 2009 at 02:25. Reason: Please SEARCH before creating new threads. Thanks.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Closer to 800bhp,I say!
Its gonna be a treat being at the Geneva auto show!Any BHPians who'll be there?
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:17   #22
BHPian

They're doing wayyy too many versions of the car!
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 18:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
well its your opinion.i feel that zonda and koenigsegg are far better supercars than veyron as veyron is a totally loaded stuff.i hope i made my point clear.the same difference as in a busa and mv augusta.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 08:44   #24

merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 21:40   #25
BHPian

damn!!! is that thing RHD?? didnt know the cinque was made in this livery.
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
damn!!! is that thing RHD?? didnt know the cinque was made in this livery.
Yup! It's RHD! If I remember correctly, the Zonda Cinque that Hammond drove in his DVD 'Top Gear Uncovered', was RHD as well! And I guess if you have the money, you can get any shade!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wow ZOnda has been one of my favorite emerging brands and everytime they come out with a car they never disappoint me. Love this zonda also but my favourite zonda is the Mad Zonda R , thats more the fxx type and truly the best sounding car.
By the way all zonda's sound amazing.cheers.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:09   #28
BHPian

damn, dont think cars get any madder than the zonda f/r/cinque. looks brutally fantastic!
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote