Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 19th December 2008, 19:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

i just want to say that this one's more uglier than the original. the 722 was way better.
its my personal opinion only. its looks like mercedes is not gonna let the car die, one after the other some weird concepts. why don't they just bring back back the original SLR??
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 19:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Now that is a piece of art. Im awed, mercedes have come up with a good looking design after a very long time indeed, but this surprise is worth the wait. Would love to have one sitting in my garage, i promise ill never drive it!
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 19:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Arush, if you don't drive it. Send it down to Bangalore. I'm sure we will over here.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 20:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

THE BATMOBILE is what it reminds me of, I hope it has all the gadgetery that the Batmobile had !!

Cheerio
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 21:12   #20
BHPian

God Damn the doors have completely BLOWN me off!! Wiiiiii!!!

I dont like the rear that much but man wish I had the money and this is what I would burn it on!
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 22:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

The most brilliant merc(& mclaren) design to have come out of its studios for a long time.period.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 22:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

The front of the car is endless. While the Rear gets over before its started. Stunning Design though. I like.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 22:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Very radical design for a Merc.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 22:42   #24
BHPian

another design disaster by Merc.Seems these days Merc designers are hell bent on spoiling the look of any thing new that comes out from the stable.
no_limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 11:18   #25
BHPian

More than often i have noticed, every time pics of new car's are posted, you would get such mixed reactions from people. What's agreeable is the fact that some would like it or other's would just not. However we cannot ignore the efforts that have been put by these men in desiging the marvel's. It's easier said than done 'another disaster from the brand' there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing.

@no limit: honestly, no offences meant.When you say "
another design disaster by Merc.Seems these days Merc designers are hell bent on spoiling the look of any thing new that comes out from the stable."

What exactly are you comparing it with.Is there any kinda benchmark which we are setting here.If yes on what basis? Honestly brother you should explore more into the whole designing and R&D process, you'll realise the hardwork put in.
diesel_headrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 11:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Undecided on the looks.. This could have been a killer but its just a bit too agressive now and still an slr. They should have gone for a bit more graceful front
bottle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 11:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
More than often i have noticed, every time pics of new car's are posted, you would get such mixed reactions from people. What's agreeable is the fact that some would like it or other's would just not. However we cannot ignore the efforts that have been put by these men in desiging the marvel's. It's easier said than done 'another disaster from the brand' there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing.

another design disaster by Merc.Seems these days Merc designers are hell bent on spoiling the look of any thing new that comes out from the stable."

What exactly are you comparing it with.Is there any kinda benchmark which we are setting here.If yes on what basis? Honestly brother you should explore more into the whole designing and R&D process, you'll realise the hardwork put in.
Dude 'diesel_headrock', you said exactly what I need to say. Looks of anything are very personal. Even in case of beautiful women the opinion varies! There are many who consider Aiswarya one of the best looking ladies, but there are as many as same number who can't even agree to what other say. So looks are very much personal.

What I have to say is, in case of an automobile, the final verdict in looks should be made only after seeing it in flesh. I haven't liked the new Phantom much when I first saw its photo is a magazine. But soon when I first saw it in the Duabi Motor Show '03, my opinion was totally cahnged & have started loving it.
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 13:25   #28
BHPian

I too agree with your opinion that looks are totally subjective.
I think this design is just too radical and doesn't at all look elegant like most other mercs do, even the normal SLR
meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 15:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post

I appriciate your comments mate. I am not denying the fact that hard work and days on end has gone into designing these cars but that doesnt mean that a car can be described a design classic on the basis of hard work and Hours of R&D or design studios that has gone into it. Had that been the case than every car should be termed a stunner and a design classic looks wise and every car should drive like a dream because after all every car that has ever seen the road has endless days of R&D and design deliberations done.

My comment regarding Merc design disaster is based on lattest cars being rolled out of Merc stable SL (which I own), The pictures of New E class that I have seen and the general design direction Merc is working on.
no_limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Video:

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote