Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 17th April 2005, 15:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have the video, its really good, that car sounds just sensational.

Christian Von Koenigsegg is THE MAN!!!!
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 10:32   #32
BHPian

yeah mclaren is still the no 1
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 15:10   #33
BHPian

ya man f1 does 391 kmph.i have the video on my comp.the speed is got thro gps.we can see the instrument on the dash
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 16:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
ya man f1 does 391 kmph.i have the video on my comp.the speed is got thro gps.we can see the instrument on the dash
But, the thing is that the video that i have, i can't really see the 391 kmph so he maybe faking it! Or who knows the instrument maybe miscaliberated!
Now,again, is there an official body which checks the accuracy of these speeds attained?
shravan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 20:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
But, the thing is that the video that i have, i can't really see the 391 kmph so he maybe faking it! Or who knows the instrument maybe miscaliberated!
Now,again, is there an official body which checks the accuracy of these speeds attained?
There is... I dunno what its called, but it exists...
In a car as advanced as the McLaren F1, the speedo calibration would have been as close to perfect as is possible - after all, the entire car was custom made, and they always went that extra (100) mile(s) to give the best--of-the-best in every department, and no onw woulda thought of forgetting this...

Nothing shall eve de-throne Her from my eyes... she was, is, and always qwill be the ultimate car to own.
aveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2005, 21:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
There is... I dunno what its called, but it exists...
In a car as advanced as the McLaren F1, the speedo calibration would have been as close to perfect as is possible - after all, the entire car was custom made, and they always went that extra (100) mile(s) to give the best--of-the-best in every department, and no onw woulda thought of forgetting this...

Nothing shall eve de-throne Her from my eyes... she was, is, and always qwill be the ultimate car to own.
LOL aveek! i was just letting my imaginations run wild.... i'm kinda pissed off with the top speeds we are seeing CCR doing 388 km/h while in the video McLaren F1 doing 391 km/h (atleast the driver says so). Yet the CCR being the fastest production car...
I really appreciate the effort put in to the McLaren F1... Ron Dennis and his team made, what was supposed to be a supercar, a super-supercar. Records are always meant to be broken, but, the record by the McLaren F1 is and will always be something special.
shravan316 is offline   Reply With Quote