Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 1st August 2008, 09:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nothing very surprising. I lived in Nigeria where my neighbour used to send his Jag and his Bentley to London for regular service (by container, not airfreight). The first time I saw the containers I thought he was moving house, until he told me "oh its just my cars going for their regular service"
He must have paid a lot of dosh for a lot of 'dash" to clear these both ways. Also it must have taken a lot of time!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:20   #17

Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The flight was scheduled so not that much additional carbon was burned!
I beg to differ...

I'm sure the weight of the lambo meant extra fuel was burnt on that flight...

But more importantly, if people keep doing this and other wasteful trips, there will be more scheduled flights.

Does that mean we can find even more extravagant ways to fill those extra flights?
simplythebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 11:01   #18

What does one do if one is not happy with the local LASS?
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 11:05   #19
Wink What happens to the car on return!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...il-change.html (Sheikh Flies LP640 6500 Miles for Oil Change!)

Poor Sheikh! He might have his Lamborgini riding like a bullock cart upon its return.

For the quality of service he is looking for, unfortunately his car is lashed in the wrong manner. The wheels are lashed incorrect. Low profile rim-tyre combinations are to be lashed around the tyre and not through the rim.

For the long travel of 6500 miles X2, I guess...The effect will be visible on the rims.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote