Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 5th August 2008, 13:10   #16
BHPian

its been a good day. the car took a hit courtesy an idiot i call a friend. the right 2 rims are scruffed. my friend grinned and said i now have reason to get rid of the stock rims and tires.

anyhow, i thought "nazar to lagni hai hi, the car is so beautiful, atleast its not a big hit.

the driving experience has been a sensory attack of sorts. i choose where i wanna be when i'm on the road and the next instant i'm there. lol, almost.

the interior will look better once tint goes on tomorrow. gonna get it lo-jacked on saturday. probably hid's someday this week, proper detailing and i found a covered parking spot assigned to my apartment. yaaaaay

also, damping will be done, dunno, maybe in 1-2 phases. i'm not sure, but which leather care product is highly recommended. don't want any shiny surfaces but leather should stay supple and a nice matte finish. pls advise.

any tbhpian in san diego reading this, lets meet up and drive to mt laguna like asap. its driving nirvana.

buddies i'd been driving a manual trans since i was 15. besides, this auto is quicker than its manual counterpart.

can we please have some pics of some really nice matte grey rims in 19'' or 20''. help.

Last edited by rev_hard : 5th August 2008 at 13:15.
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 19:38   #17
BHPian

rev_hard - I would like to know about the CMS. Do we need to activate it by any button or it is the default mode? Lets say, If I want to drive the car on 6 CYL always, is there a way to do that? While driving do we really feel a cylinder management is happening under the hood?
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 20:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

glad you didnt bought the Black as Blue looks stunning. Congrats!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 21:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

A beautiful car, and superb pictures. Really; they look like they could be adverts in a glossy mag, with that stunning scenery and no other cars around!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 22:10   #20
BHPian

Congrats Rev Hard on the new sleek monster . The monster looks too good in blue. Good choice on preferring this over black .
The pictures shows how you drool for your car, its sad to hear the stock rims were damage, but a a good decision to change them.

Good luck with your car and enjoy the ride.
Dine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 23:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
rev_hard - I would like to know about the CMS. Do we need to activate it by any button or it is the default mode? Lets say, If I want to drive the car on 6 CYL always, is there a way to do that? While driving do we really feel a cylinder management is happening under the hood?
Yup, if you want 6 Cylinders working for you just push the gas! The Cylinder Management system comes into play only when you are cruising and the car doesn't need all the available power. The concept behind CMS is that a vehicle needs lot of power to get it off the blocks but once it is off the blocks, it doesn't need to much power to keep it moving (inertia). So you wouldn't feel any difference why 3 cylinders are shut off. The only way you feel the difference of CMS is when you visit the pump.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 02:58   #22
BHPian

thanks everyone. 6000k hid is being fitted today in low-beam projector and foglamps. 3000k was not available in the quality i wanted so went ahead with 6kk in both.

tints were done on tuesday. its looking killer, got the roof glass tinted limo and the rest medium dark greyish black. also checked out some 19'' motegi wheels with nitto invo rubber. it was a staggered setup and not much to my liking. how i wish i could buy 20'' oz opera or leonardo's. drooooooooooooooooool.

my bhai log from delhi, where are you guys?? everyone forgotten me already.
Old 8th August 2008, 03:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Don't go for a staggered setup Anuj, won't suit the car. And post some pics with the new tints man!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 15:42   #24
BHPian

Why do you say so Ishan? I know, the kind of wheels that would look good in a staggered setup are well beyond my miniscule budget at this time. so give me an honest opnion. would you have changed the stock rubber and if yes, with what?

I posted a couple of choices in my bhp garage. do take a look at them.

posting a couple of pics taken during a dusk-time drive through AB state park.

Name:  n1090311133_30115256_1261.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  n1090311133_30115255_1620.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  79.0 KB

*makes a note* never again to buy a car in the same week when the hottest car ever in India is being delivered in chandigarh. nobody paid any attention to my new ride!
Old 19th August 2008, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

don't worry mate everyone will drool for a while but then come down to earth and look at this beautiful car which is well within the reach of our pockets.

its looking amazing man.especially in this background.
so when are you getting some snazzy alloys and tires?
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 20:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

It's way out of the reach of the pockets of many of us --- but hey, I'm drooling over your beautiful new car, and your excellent pics, anyway!

This car is the same size as the new Accord here in India? In which case it is pretty big: but it works really well as a two-door; excellent balance.

May have said this before, but I love the colour!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 02:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Why do you say so Ishan? I know, the kind of wheels that would look good in a staggered setup are well beyond my miniscule budget at this time. so give me an honest opnion. would you have changed the stock rubber and if yes, with what?
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought staggered set up is only for RWD vehicles as it offers more grip to the powered wheels. Other than the looks, which a non-enthusiast will only notice when he sticks his head under the trunk, what is the logic behind getting a staggered set-up?

Btw, nice car. I really love this color on the accord coupe.
I too sold my C coupe and bought a 2006 325 last week. Will post pictures shortly.

Last edited by Mayavi : 20th August 2008 at 02:47.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 03:04   #28
Team-BHP Support

Arrow don't stagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Don't go for a staggered setup Anuj, won't suit the car.
Quote:
Why do you say so Ishan? I know, the kind of wheels that would look good in a staggered setup are well beyond my miniscule budget at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought staggered set up is only for RWD vehicles as it offers more grip to the powered wheels.
Listen to the tyre-wallah!

Yep, wider rear wheels for more traction, thinner front wheels for faster turns. Overall, better handling but troublesome on concrete roads - tramlining.

For a front wheel drive car - if you put wider wheels on the rear, you're just going to get more drag, unless you're going to put the wider wheels in the front, which'll hamper your turns and ruin handling.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 03:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought staggered set up is only for RWD vehicles as it offers more grip to the powered wheels. Other than the looks, which a non-enthusiast will only notice when he sticks his head under the trunk, what is the logic behind getting a staggered set-up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Yep, wider rear wheels for more traction, thinner front wheels for faster turns. Overall, better handling but troublesome on concrete roads - tramlining.

For a front wheel drive car - if you put wider wheels on the rear, you're just going to get more drag, unless you're going to put the wider wheels in the front, which'll hamper your turns and ruin handling.
Anuj, your first question has been answered by Mayavi & Aah. Staggered setups are meant for powerful RWD cars (which need more grip/rubber at the rear to apply the power effectively) and another disadvantage is that you will get increased understeer due to more grip at the rear. Again, not recommended.

As for your second question, I shall answer that tomorrow, I've had a long 3-4 days & am pretty much knackered right now.

Quote:
Btw, nice car. I really love this color on the accord coupe.
I too sold my C coupe and bought a 2006 325 last week. Will post pictures shortly.
Congratulations & please do post some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Listen to the tyre-wallah!

Last edited by iraghava : 20th August 2008 at 03:15.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 11:09   #30
BHPian

Point well understood! thanks all 3 of you.

I put in a deposit today and now i can special order over 2 days or so.

Ishan bhaiya I have a budget of 350 per wheel all inclusive and 220 per tire all inclusive. I got a quote for 309 per g-games and 231 per bf tire. so this is manageable. but I want to to be able to decide from atleast 3 good options.
sizes are 19x8.5 fr and rear and 255/40/19.

Ye where is KP?? haven't seen him online for a while.

So today I couldn't resist and gave the v6 some stick. also used the tranny as semi-manual with fast switches between 5-3-2-1. saw 120 for a brief second before coming to my senses. the road was wide open and was too inviting!

Thanks for your kind comments Thad, Mayavi and KSM!

Last edited by rev_hard : 20th August 2008 at 11:19.