Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 8th May 2011, 13:11   #16
Default Re: Bell the Hybrids: They are too silent!

Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Im not surprised. I saw it coming as an option on any electric/hybird. We already have such a system in place - The click of the shutter in a digicam is a recorded sound - one that I cant do without while using it.

Old habits die hard.
In India, it serves another function also - stops people from shadily taking snaps of women, especially in case of mobile phone cameras.
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 00:15   #17
Default e-sound for electric cars - Andante to Allegro

Just saw this tweet to a most fascinating story - AUDI e-sound for electric cars

Apparently, it is not just drivers who change gears by the sound of the engine, but also traffic and pedestrians respond to the engine sound. Even today, I rush out to my balcony to catch a glimpse of the 8lakh plus high end bikes that rush past with their distinctive sound. So when I read this story, it was simply fascinating that Audi decided to take the sound business a notch or two higher and 'designed' sounds for its otherwise insipid electric vehicles. From Andante to Allegro!

Some of you like me who may have studied mechanical engineering might recall the crescendo of a DC motor as it revs up! I confess that electrical technology as a subject is a bit rusty in my head. Anyway, enjoy this article.
dhuli is offline   Reply With Quote