Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 16th April 2009, 22:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Just what I mentioned on another thread. On both counts, I agree with you. Tail lamps look so much better, and the use of the LEDs seems too Audi-like.
...and thoroughly unnecessary, and tasteless.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 22:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

The class of Mercedes just repeated and highligted in this launch.One of the best creation IMHO>
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

The S Basically is a symbol of luxury in India.It enjoys far more attention than the 7 in india.

Speaking about the Lexus.It is one hell of a package especially when coming from a jap
Not to mention the automatic parallel park which simply seizes to amaze me
Toyota what are you doing!! why aint the lexus in india yet?
im sure it will put a noticeable dent on Merc,Bmw and audi sales for sure.

Last edited by vinaydas : 23rd April 2009 at 11:50.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
The S Basically is a symbol of luxury in India.It enjoys far more attention than the 7 in india.

Speaking about the Lexus.It is one hell of a package especially when coming from a jap
Not to mention the automatic parallel park which simply seizes to amaze me
Toyota what are you doing!! why aint the lexus in india yet?
im sure it will put a noticeable dent on Merc,Bmw and audi sales for sure.
Last year I did a project for TMS -US (Toyota Motor Sales), helping them prepare to launch Lexus in Mexico. According to plan Lexus was to launch in early 2010 in Mexico. So I dont think we can expect the Lexus here before the end of 2011 ( assuming Toyota decides to launch the Lexus now)

Also, TMS has this great company intranet which used to give a snapshot of how the sales of its various brands were progressing in the US & Canada. Lexus was showing huge yoy negatives around the autumn of 2008. The HQ were then of the opinion that Lexus should not be launched in any new market for a while.
rrsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 12:17   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
IMost importantly, it is infinitely more reliable than the W221 S-Class. Consider this : the LS has maintained the best ranking in JD's dependability surveys for 13 years, as well as topped Consumer reports several times!
Actor Ritesh Deshmukh's white S Class (W221) conked off at Worli Naka on tuesday . Man, he must have been cheesed off.

Expect some VVIP calls to Pune this week (his father is ex-CM of Maharashtra). Took a couple of minutes for a backup car to arrive, can only imagine how they must have moved / pushed this massive car to the side of the road.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 13:01   #21
BHPian

@GTO checked out the G37 thread. It's awfully GORGEOUS (in a good way i.e.). You have good taste. And yes, the LS is a real treat again, some on them come in those 'Pearl finish' paint, which is offered only on the Lexus LS and LX series, and a Cadillac Escalade. Belive that?

The Pearl Finish turns around 90% heads, no kidding.

Regarding the upkeep costs of a Lexus, I have heard that the first year of ownership is difficult, but the moment it crosses some 40-50k kilometers, it'll be as reliable as out City's and Corrollas. Its true. A luxury such as an LX570, and upkeep costs like Fortuner, something is an unsolved mystery and has kept the Germans guessing for decades.
nutcracker is offline   Reply With Quote