Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2008, 19:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Leaked:2010 Chevrolet/Daewoo Beat photo.

Note from Mod : The Chevy Beat review has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on that link, this thread is closed.

I came across the spy photos of Chevrolet Beat. I hope this car is launched in India. However, I think this car is basically based on Suzuki Cervo that was recently launched in Japan.

@mods: I tired searching " Chevrolet Beat " but could not find a thread. If any thread is found regarding Chevrolet Beat, then take appropriate action on this thread.

The article :
Quote:
Here it is, the long awaited little car from Chevrolet, the Beat. Even if it’s camouflaged with a sack in both front and rear, this is the first time we can see the Beat prototype from all angles. Strangely enough, GM have stated this car will be “targeted to markets outside of U.S. and Canada” due to safety regulations, but it's expected to be a big seller around the world.
The design of the production Beat is very close to the concept, but Chevrolet has added a pair of rear doors for easier rear seat access, obviously.
The engine range is still unknown, but at least we are sure that the new Daewoo 1.2-liter S-TEC II with chain-driven 16 valve DOHC valve train and variable intake geometry already seen on the Chevy Aveo will be one option. Another option will be the choice of an automatic transmission.
When will you be able to take the first drive in your Beat? Well, despite earlier GM statements of mid-2009, new speculations are saying late 2010 for show debut and then in the showroom early 2011.
Source:
New Chevrolet Beat Spy Photos

Images.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2009 at 19:15. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 7th August 2008, 19:44   #2
BHPian

Great scoop, possibly somewhere in Europe. Will surely come to India, but as an additional car I guess, not replacing anyone. But that depends on when will it arrive. 2009 is too early for it and by the pics we can make out, it is still in early stages of development (look at the testing equipment).

I can see Daewoo's S-Tec engine in the bay, so yes, it'll be rolled out of the GMDAT plants for sure initially. Looks like Daewoo really save GM's a#%...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th August 2008 at 20:51.
Old 7th August 2008, 19:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys. Was very curious to see behind the curtain

Can I?
Attached Images

Old 7th August 2008, 21:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good Scoop ! Is it just me or the headlamps look similar to the i20 scoop ??
I think we already have a thread of Spy Pic of Beat & Optra together.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...0-matiz-3.html (Spied:2009 chevrolet optra J200 and chevrolet beat M300 (matiz))
Old 7th August 2008, 21:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

That thread contains the new Spark and not the Beat, and I think that both are different cars, that's why came up with a different thread.
Old 7th August 2008, 21:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
That thread contains the new Spark and not the Beat, and I think that both are different cars, that's why came up with a different thread.
Kindly check the pic in the 1st post its the Beat my friend.
Old 7th August 2008, 21:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

The small car without black covers looking like Cervo to me. And the covered car has different grille design so thought that it was Suzuki.

Anyways, some update, extention to the initial post.
Quote:
We were disappointed to learn recently that the first generation of the Chevrolet Beat minicar wouldn’t be making it to the U.S., but that won’t stop us from getting excited to see the world’s first ever spy shots of the prototype car.
Seen here in full mule regalia, the Beat appears to hold quite closely to the size and shape of the cheeky concept car. The product planners have added a second set of doors to the car, which will certainly add a measure of utility, even if they do detract from the attractive concept silhouette somewhat. The car still keeps the high, boxy shape though, and should look immediately at home on the city streets and lanes of its future European home.
Details about the entire engine range remain shrouded for now, but we’re told that we can expect the new 1.2-liter, 16v DOHC S-TEC II engine to be involved. There’ll be an optional automatic gearbox as well, and we’d expect fuel economy numbers to be fantastic for the tiny vehicle.
The car should be ready to officially launch in 2010, making showroom debuts in early 2011. Scroll down to read the spy shooter’s own words. More photos on the way soon as well!

Here it is, the long awaited little car from Chevrolet, the Beat. Even if it’s camouflaged with a sack in both front and rear, this is the first time we can see the Beat prototype from all angles. Strangely enough GM are saying this car want make it to the American market, due to safety regulations, but its expected to be a big seller around the world.
The design of the production Beat is very close to the concept, but Chevrolet has added a pair of rear doors to make it easier to get in and out in the back seat.
The engine range is still unknown, but at least we are sure that the new 1.2 liter S-TEC II with chain-driven 16 valve DOHC valvetrain and variable intake geometry will be one option. Another option will be the choice of an automatic gearbox.
When will you be able to take the first drive in your Beat? Well, expect it to be official in late 2010 and then in the showroom early 2011. Hopefully GM has taken its responsibility until then and also made it ready for the US market. With the fuel price as high as now, US customers demand a small and fuel efficient car from GM.

Source:
World's First Look at the Chevrolet Beat Prototype! [Gallery] | NextAutos.com and Winding Road

Last edited by aaggoswami : 7th August 2008 at 21:39.
Old 29th August 2008, 09:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Leaked:2010 Chevrolet/Daewoo Beat photo.Is it real?

2010 Daewoo/Chevrolet Beat spy shots - Hyundai i10 to get some competition | Hyundai-Blog
Attached Images

Old 29th August 2008, 10:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

Note from mods: Thread merged.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

GM is planning to launch a small car in 2009 , if its the Beat then i10 better watch out. Its looks quite good. Would be interesting to see the engine specs & interiors!
Old 29th August 2008, 14:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hope the pricing will be right as the new cars released by GM will have slightly higher pricing than its competitors.
Old 29th August 2008, 16:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

The IAS forum of tbhp seems to mainly be a rip-off of WCF. I believe shorter posts and fewer pics should be displayed when creating new threads where content is directly extracted from another site. Links were created for just that...linking!
Old 29th August 2008, 19:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
GM is planning to launch a small car in 2009 , if its the Beat then i10 better watch out. Its looks quite good. Would be interesting to see the engine specs & interiors!
I would like to add that all the cars in under 4.5 lakh price segment should be worried. And specially, Splash and i10 need to worry about it the most. Expect it to hit Santro and Wagon R and upto some extent, Indica and Palio.

It all will later on boil down to availability of diesel motors, IMO. Here Splash will have advantage.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

The car seems to be taking a real tough test. Many such hatch's are lined up for launches 2008-2011 right upto the Nissan Micra.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Default New Daewoo Matiz creative launched

CanadianDriver General News GM Daewoo launches all-new global minicar

Seoul, South Korea - GM Daewoo has launched its all-new global minicar, the Matiz Creative, which will be sold in over 150 markets worldwide including North America.
“The Matiz Creative is an all-new minicar developed at GM Daewoo, the global vehicle development centre for GM’s mini and small cars,” said Michael Grimaldi, president and CEO of GM Daewoo. “With its best-in-segment design, performance and safety, the new mini is destined to become an industry benchmark and a winner among consumers in Korea and around the world.”
The car will launch in Korea on September 1, and then will be rolled out to other markets, including Europe and Asia. Korean models will feature a 1,000-cc four-cylinder engine that meets the stringent Korea Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (KULEV) standard, mated to a four-speed automatic transmission tuned to GM’s global standards. Features will include heated windshield wipers, roof rack, heated mirrors, speed-sensitive automatic locks, tilt steering, keyless entry, and a tire sealant compressor kit.

http://***************.com/2009/08/d...creative-korea

The GM-Daewoo Matiz Creative, as it will be called, will be available in three variants – Pop, Jazz and Groove. It has taken 27 months to develop with an investment of $236million. In the next few years, it will be sold in 150 markets around the world including Europe and America.
The new Matiz Creative benefits from a newly developed S-TEC II engine – a 4-cylinder, 16-valve DOHC engine with a displacement of 1,000 cc that delivers 69 hp and 92 Nm.
The new model goes on sale from September 1. A 3-cylinder CRDI diesel engine is said to follow shortly.
Attached Images

Closed Thread