Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 9th June 2004, 16:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sam if u find that new 3 hot then in 06' ill show u an hotter C

And i can assume if M3 goes to 400 Bhp, The next C will definately have the 5.5 L supercharged engine used in S/SL/CL/E,

And PS ur an AUDI guy?
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2004, 16:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And PS ur an AUDI guy?
No re... I knew I'd steal your attension with that.. I love Audis no doubt.. But I aint their guy!
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2004, 20:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i know who's guy u are!

And btw did u see the RS6 ? the new generation one? i put up a pic somewhere? thats hot !
but then people stole the topic and went OT lol
Old 9th June 2004, 23:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

A nice quote i found,

If you want performance with luxury Get the M3,
If you want luxury with performance get the C55,

I dont think anything cud be put better then that
Old 9th June 2004, 23:13   #20
BHPian

Yes I know about the new generation RS6, its brilliant.. Though I think an underpowered Gallardo V10 is a little too much for a Performance Sedan.. But then prolly the rumours are true and they've scrapped the Idea, coz it being to uneconomical and stuff.. Which I think correct. But the existing RS6 is what I mentioned that I'd buy over an E55. I just lust over it, its the only car I liked after M5. Anyway.. According to your phrase : I'd definetely go for performance with luxury. But strictly is a personal opinion..
Old 10th June 2004, 02:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

I come back to where i left.

Sam, amazing find, never knew the next M3'd look so good. And if this is what it looks like, then hail bangle! I'd put this point again, and i am. And sure as hell everyone's bored of Revv repeating himself, but revv doesnt care. BHP isn't everything. Sure AMG have shoved the 5.5 supercharged into the C, but big deal. Nurburgring suspensions is something AMG should offer as standard and not an option. Oh, and they should have developed it long time back, what's taken them so long? Faltering sales on the C-AMG? M3s still have back orders, they just keep pouring in all the time.

Pferderstarke, i like the RS6. Its a pretty balanced car, much better off than the RS4. One reason being, development happened during Pscheitsrieder (did i get his name rite?), an ex-BMW man who heads the VW group.

The problem i find with the other manufacturers is they are spending too much time trying to think of ways to beat BMW while BMW doesn't spend too much time thinkin but goin out on the track and trying to beat their own best times and the laws of physics.. not other rivals. Its this kind of quality thinking, where the focus is on achieving the highest possible and not proving a point that puts the M division in such high regard.

I guess its the search for that answer that brought Sam to buy an M3,brought ported to wonder what can rival the best of stuttgart (Porsche not MB guys) in its own unique way and myself knocking at the doors of the M-chapel.

Keep Revvin ™ for M-power
Revvmaster
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2004, 04:34   #22
Sam
BHPian

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2004, 15:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Revv,
It was offered on all AMG cars since the begenning,Like the speed limit removal,And i can assure u merc does not just spend time beating the other rivals,They are into beating themselves too,Example is the old W210 v/s W211 E55,
Also like ive said before man the point is AMG's will beat M's in the next generation,Right now too they beat them at certain aspects,And no C55's are not available off the shelf if u thought only M's have wait lists,S65 has a wait list close to 8 months man And drive the S55 and ull know how much effort AMG has taken to atchually make it drive like a sports car given it's size etc,And talkin abt manfacturers folloiwng BMW,Well if u remmeber BMW is the one who Follows mercs in the road cars,They had to push back 7 series Launch when the current S came out,

Old 10th June 2004, 16:50   #24
BHPian

Well I see this going nowhere..
But let me put it this way:
We all know what McLaren did with an M-Powered BMW Engine. And what it is doing with the Merc Engine. .
Old 10th June 2004, 19:22   #25
Sam
BHPian

S350L-E240 u are getting way to upset about this whole thing. Why are u fighting so much? Its a matter of personal preference... thats all. U cant convince some one to like dark chocolate if they dont like it. Even though its the best tasting chocolate to me it may not be for u.
Old 10th June 2004, 20:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sam @ June 10 2004,17:52)]S350L-E240 u are getting way to upset about this whole thing. Why are u fighting so much? Its a matter of personal preference... thats all. U cant convince some one to like dark chocolate if they dont like it. Even though its the best tasting chocolate to me it may not be for u.
Sam,
Forget about getting upset read else where dude and ive mentioned i love the M5 too,
Just pointing facts out here

And yeah whatever example u gave abt the chocolate dude thats what i said earlier when i spoke of performance with luxury and vice versa...
so dun worry i wont get upset..
ill just remain partial to MB

Go on keep fightin..
Old 11th June 2004, 02:22   #27
Sam
BHPian

don worry i will always be partial to my M3