Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 5th October 2008, 01:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

the car looks good from the front to the b-pillar after that the bulbous rear looks hideous....they should chop away the rear and make it slimmer and make a GT instead
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 16:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

i just saw the car on Overdrive and Lamborghini has announced it would bring this baby on roads by next year. The revolution has begun and now the others will soon follow. I hate the idea of a four door sports car but i guess i would have to live with it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 18:21   #63

Didnt expect Lamborghini to do this.

O well it proves that making money is more important than preserving heritage for Lamborghini - or should I say its owners VW/Porsche!
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 12:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Omg, dude, it's not THAT bad

OT: I don't ever want Ferrari/Lamborghini make 4 door/seater/whatever. Its...just not natural.
are you trying to say DC does crappy jobs ?!
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 14:09   #65

i loved the car.Its got all the ingredients of a lambo mixed into a GT.a V10 in the engine bay and its bye bye panamera for sure.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 14:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Well,for starters there's a thread that I saw on Team-bhp about a four door Ferrari, not much insight there.

So here's images of the 4 door lambo concept car that appeared at the paris motor show.
Please note: These images are not rendered. Its a prototype for sure.
@BrabusV12: Not such a mystery anymore,eh?
I like those Rims and nothing else. Somehow I dont digg 4dr exotics...
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 19:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

The design doesn't make one feel that this is a Lamborghini.

Remove the logo and it could be mistaken as a Mazda RX8's big brother.

I like the rear end and the wheels.
The front end could have been more Lambo'ish.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 22:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is lamborghini trying to prove by this car? That they can make a 4 door family sedan? Or are they trying to prove that lamborghini is a family car for the mister, missus and the kids? YUCK.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:29   #69

They should not have gone for a four door. It takes away the appeal.
backrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 23:10   #70
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini will be putting this car into production mostly.
Source :
Lamborghini planning to put Estoque into production - Autoblog

Article :
Emerging reports indicate that Lamborghini is currently in negotiations with the suits at its corporate superior Volkswagen to put the Estoque into production. The four-door Lamborghini concept was unveiled last month at the Paris show after a drawn-out parade of teasers, but with no actual engine unde-hood and little in the way of specifications revealed, most surmised that the Estoque was just a flash-in-the-pan publicity gimmick. Not so, according to the company's R&D chief Maurizio Reggiani, who confirmed to British weekly Autocar that the company is in the process of making a business case to the VW executive board. If approved, the Estoque could hit showrooms by late 2011 with a UK sticker quoted at around £150k, which lies in between the Gallardo's £135k British list price and the Murcielago's £220k.

To make financial sense, the Estoque would have to borrow heavily from the corporate parts bin, but Reggiani was quick to dismiss speculation that the Estoque would share its platform with any current or next-generation Audi. So what would provide the power, you ask? A re-tuned version of the Gallardo LP560-4's direct-injection V10, optimized for usability at the slight expense of peak output and driving through a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox -- another first for Lamborghini. Also under consideration for the Estoque are hybrid and diesel V8 options, noting that the concept car's platform was designed to accommodate a variety of engines.

Wait a second, a diesel hybrid automatic four-door Lamborghini? What's going on in Sant'Agata since Porsche took over in Wolfsburg? Nothing all that unusual for the company that started out making tractors and even produced a HUMMER rival for a while. But with the Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide on the way, the market for the four-door exotic super-coupe could be the new premium battlefield.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:18   #71

There is a one more video of the car
Lamborghini Estoque unveiled at 2008 Paris Motor Show | Lamborghini Saloon

Contrary to what most people said, I think Lamborghini did a good job by introducing a 4-door saloon. Many people are nowadays looking for practical yet performance car
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:08   #72
Senior - BHPian
Default Lamborghini Estoque delayed, maybe canceled

Source:Car News and reviews, videos, wallpapers, pictures, free games and more. - Top Speed

The global economic crisis already forced Lamborghini to shut its doors for a few weeks, and now its put the Estoque sedan on indefinite hold. According to Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo’s head of research and development, "The timing and market conditions are just not right for an additional model line."
It seems that there had not been a lot of cash committed to Lamborghini’s first sedan project yet, and so Lamborghini was able to put it on a shelf without much financial penalty. There has been no mention yet when or if the project will be restarted.
The Estoque was supposed to borrow heavily from its corporate cousin Audi. So if plans for a car that could share parts over multiple car lines has been put on indefinite hold, how much hope can we keep for the mostly bespoke Murcielago replacement?
Name:  lamborghiniestoquew.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  32.3 KB
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Not a bad move,IMO. Better to wait and release a new model when times are better than have to see it become a big flop. As predicted,in 2-3 years time the economy will pick up,and at that point the demand for something like this will be much much better.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote