Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:16   #1
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Thumbs up Customs you will crave for....

Check out these cool customs friends....You will like it..

Especially the Rolls Royce Phantom


Mugen Honda S2000



Mugen Honda S2000 Rear



Brabus Smart front



Brabus Smart rear




Kleemann SL500 front



Kleemann SL500 rear



Gemballa Porsche GTR600 front



Gemballa Porsche GTR600 rear



Gemballa Porsche GTR600 interior




Mugen Honda S2000 Engine



Hamann 645ci Front




Hamann 645ci Rear



Hamann Lamborghini Gallardo



Hamann Lamborghini Gallardo Rear



Ac Schnitzer Mini Cooper front




Ac Schnitzer Mini Cooper rear



Steinmetz Opel Astra front




Steinmetz Opel Astra rear




Steinmetz Opel Tigra



Image Courtesy : www.car.ee

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2005 at 15:56.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:26   #2
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Brabus SLR Mclaren



Gemballa Porsche GT700



Gemballa Porsche Gt700 rear




Gemballa Porsche Gt700 interior seating




Gemballa Porsche Gt700 interior



Rolls Royce Phantom front



Rolls Royce Phantom front_2



Rolls Royce Phantom rear



Image Courtesy : www.car.ee

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2005 at 15:56.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:28   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Note from Moderator : Please include the source of images or articles in your posts. Thank you for your co-operation
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:35   #4
BHPian
 
highwayblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago/Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 771
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

each of those has massive "drug-dealer alloys dont they. Have u guys heard that the Smart is one of the worst handling cars. There was this one Top Gear episode- Smart was a contender for the "worst handling car" title.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:29   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
each of those has massive "drug-dealer alloys dont they. Have u guys heard that the Smart is one of the worst handling cars. There was this one Top Gear episode- Smart was a contender for the "worst handling car" title.
Handles well enough for me, and is fun to drive. The ride is choppy, though.

Again, its in a different segment altogether so it wouldnt be fair to compare it to other cars. It was built to a purpose, and I believe it serves that purpose very well - the tagline is "Reduce to Max".

As for Top Gear, I dont really consider them to be a credible source of feedback. Entertaining, yes. Credible, NO.

I dont know how many of you had watched Clarkson lauding the contribution of the British to India's automotive history. He went through the Morris Minor, the AMBY (of course!), the Standard 2000, and then he said "and therefore it is no surpise that their latest bestseller is yet again another British car" - cuts to the Rover Montego (made by Sipani)

Its another matter that the Montego had already bombed in the market and was not on sale at the time Top Gear did this story.

Cheers
Steer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 17:15   #6
BANNED
 
vance0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 143
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

wo wo wo

busa man you have done it again
whats up with the pics man
killer
the phantom is awesome so is the porsche
vance0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 16:13   #7
BHPian
 
aveek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 292
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The Porsche 6000, the Gallardo, and the Brabus SLR take the cake... are all the pictures from the same site as the Brabus SLR? Cause I've only seen that one there...
aveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 01:09   #8
BHPian
 
gamerno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Andheri (w), Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

in all those supercars, the S2000 steals my heart !
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 23:06   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Deeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delhi/Noida
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Handles well enough for me, and is fun to drive. The ride is choppy, though.

Again, its in a different segment altogether so it wouldnt be fair to compare it to other cars. It was built to a purpose, and I believe it serves that purpose very well - the tagline is "Reduce to Max".

As for Top Gear, I dont really consider them to be a credible source of feedback. Entertaining, yes. Credible, NO.

I dont know how many of you had watched Clarkson lauding the contribution of the British to India's automotive history. He went through the Morris Minor, the AMBY (of course!), the Standard 2000, and then he said "and therefore it is no surpise that their latest bestseller is yet again another British car" - cuts to the Rover Montego (made by Sipani)

Its another matter that the Montego had already bombed in the market and was not on sale at the time Top Gear did this story.

Cheers
Steer

True that Clarkson is heavily biased towards british cars. Anyways, i am assuming you've had a Smart car. Didn't it feel unsafe?? What is the max speed you've touched on it? In the top gear episode, it is prooven beyond doubt that the Smart is an extremely ill-handling car. It ran out of run-off area during the test.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 01:04   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

dude all those cars just amazing man.the phantom looks good something different and the porche ..what can i say amazing isnt the word the s2000 so hot and so is the lanborghini
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 01:18   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

damn that Ac Schnitzer Mini Cooper looks hot though i would have liked another colour for sure
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 14:13   #12
BHPian
 
GTI WR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 209
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I crave for this (among others), the AC Schnitzer tuned 5-series.....

Located in Dubai, Quatermile showroom. Possibly the only one in the world, though one more has been seen in Vancouver.









source: q8road.com

btw, the owner of the Quatermile showroom in Dubai, Prabhakar Chadha, died last week when his Carrera GT burst into flames, possibly due to a tyre burst. He was in his 20s and a nice guy. He was the Dubai Koenigsegg, AC Schnitzer, Hamann and other exotics and mods dealer. May his soul rest in peace.
GTI WR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 14:21   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI WR6
btw, the owner of the Quatermile showroom in Dubai, Prabhakar Chadha, died last week when his Carrera GT burst into flames, possibly due to a tyre burst. He was in his 20s and a nice guy. He was the Dubai Koenigsegg, AC Schnitzer, Hamann and other exotics and mods dealer. May his soul rest in peace.
Amen to that! He was Win Chadda's grandson, too.

Steer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 14:31   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Anyways, i am assuming you've had a Smart car. Didn't it feel unsafe?? What is the max speed you've touched on it? In the top gear episode, it is prooven beyond doubt that the Smart is an extremely ill-handling car. It ran out of run-off area during the test.
Yes I do own a Smart, its a 2002 Brabus Cabrio with 74 bhp on tap - I am considering an upgrade to the 'Evil Twin' chip that can reputedly boosts output to 90+ bhp.

The max speed I have done on the Brabus is an indicated 140+ kmph. It obviously doesnt feel the same as a regular 'car' at those speeds - its a different sort of experience - like riding a bike, only that you are protected & airconditioned from the elements. The only scary bit is when large SUVs or trailers zoom by you - the Smart is light and therefore gets buffeted by the wind generated by these large vehicles, just as a bike would...

That being said, you cannot possibly apply tests designed for other cars to the Smart, because it is in a different segment altogether. I'm not sure what segment I would pit it against - covered motorcycle perhaps?

Cheers
Steer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 15:00   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian
 
RJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 940
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Alloys on the 5 are sexy as hell ! Very bling bling
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai Customs Auction : 300 SEL, Mazda 929, MR2 v12 Shifting gears 29 27th February 2015 17:21
Pics: Bangalore customs.. manishasrani Super-Cars & Imports in India 18 28th February 2007 09:30
Mumbai Customs and excise Department west Shifting gears 22 3rd November 2006 22:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks