Old 14th June 2004, 15:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

OH MY GODDDDDDDDD

LOOK MA LOOK ALL.......

THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT IM YELLING RITE NOW

S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2004, 19:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

this is definitely different ,but the 6-series definitely is the more better looking.
here the rear portion of the car,the rear overhang is wierd looking atleast from the side.???
still a merc will always be the best ,no matter how ugly it looks.

satya
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2004, 20:36   #33
F50
Senior - BHPian

Its unique .... but i didnt like it seriously... never been a merc fan except for W124, man...
Ya sure looks like Accord from sideways ....
So, its like Elantra (Sonata + Accent).. huh..
CLS is like (6 series + Accord +....)

I just wonder if this car was under some other make as Manti said especially Hyundai ........... How nicely this car would be presented and decorated ....
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2004, 22:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

CLS looks ugly.. According to me don't buy this one...
shravan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 01:15   #35
BHPian

Awe, Look at that Door Windows..
My Gyod! Thats some piece of engineering, those lines .. Properly, properly next gen design but also following the heritage.
Any Idea on the Sticker?
Coz you'll are comparing it with a 6 series.. (if it is in the same range, I'd without even blinking go for this).
And For Christs Sake, keep the Accord of this topic mates, How can some one as qualified as ya'll can possibley compare this to an accord?
Its as rubbish as comparing a Maruti to a City Vtec..
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 02:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate PS exactly i see no resemblance with the accord, more like one person says and the rest just follow, people need to realise the angle of the design guys and forget the 4 door coupe etc. just look at it as a car man and its HOT!

PS will cost about 10K above the E, So CLS 500 shud be about 60K excluding VAT
That with a few dynamic multicontour seats ( the ones i told u i saw today ) a panorama roof , dude what else does one need?
Old 15th June 2004, 02:19   #37
F50
Senior - BHPian

So S 350 I can say naa forget how Elantra looks just see what it offers you and gives you ... Dude in India looks count ...very few people knows what it offers no doubt Vision CLS machinery wise its awesome but I think everyone has voted against it by its looks thats it ....
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 02:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

But F50 when did i say looks dont count??? if u realise me and PS are talking abt how hot it looks and how different it looks on the streets, and u have no idea the reason it went so soon from Vision to production is due to the response MB got at IAA, Man some people here might not like it, some dont like it cuz they dont want to like it, Some dont like it cuz they heard someone else say they dun like it, See one in person when i get it, which i will as soon as its out and then lemme know how hot or not it looks Dude this is what dreams are made of and yes im talking about the looks, Its different man,

And i fail to understand ur comparison with the elantra in this thread, Please explain
Old 15th June 2004, 02:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey S-350, the car looks neat in this 3/4th profile that u've posted.

However it just doesn't look like a Merc to me or screams in my face and says its a merc. Somehow. The tail-lamps for instance resemble the now discontinued Ford Cougar. And that doesnt bode well for a 60k pound car.

IMO, it'd probably grow on me with time. But if it is to be the 6-series' competitor, i'd pick the 6.

The CLS's appeal somehow seems more pose-mobile than performance sedan. Just like the 6.

Just my 2 cents.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 03:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

revv, thanks for helping me out pal, i could put my finger onto what those rear lights resembled for a long time now. i would without any hesitation pick the 6 series. i would though like to read some reports on how the CLS drives. but for driving dynamics i probably would still put my money on the 6. and i think AVH has done a great job with the styling too, which i have emphasised on endlessly. sorry for that. but it's the one GT i would really like to possess. and hey s350, lets not go to the AMGs anytime soon now pal.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote