Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 15th February 2010, 12:47   #46
BHPian

GTO can you shed some light on the difference between 108 & 109? Are there many in India?
Machdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 13:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just got this advt on W126. One of the best advt I can say.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 14:39   #48
BHPian

great video,

I wonder why we don't produce such ads in India?
Machdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:34   #49
BHPian

Default Evolution of E class

This is a very informative thread. The evolution of the E class is well explained by V12 in an earlier post. I am adding the pics I took at the MB museum in Stuttgart last year, of the special exhibition that they had celebrating the launch of the new E class (W212).

All the beauties lined up.
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1797.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1798.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1799.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1800.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1801.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1802.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1803.jpg
My dream car...

Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1804.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1805.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1806.jpg
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 15:01   #50
BHPian

All the E's under one roof, within the MB museum.
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1794.jpg

There was also a drive session which had most of the E classes participating.
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1654.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1657.jpg
Evolution and History of Mercedes models over years - C, E, S and SL Class and more-img_1841.jpg
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 10:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

A quick question , why the M-B corporation selected the alphabet "W" in their model naming system , is that because of it refers to "Wagen/wagon" ?
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 12:37   #52
BHPian

Great thread Mods. In Case we've a thread existing which could guide us about what could the acceptable purchase price etc for used ones.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:06   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting how classic Mercs like the W111, W123, W124 etc. still look so classy....several decades after introduction, but the W201 (a rubbish E Class IMO) already seems outdated. I think Mercedes got the W211 spot on, a timeless design, but the current W212 is hardly evergreen. It'll be out of fashion soon.

Classic Mercs rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
A quick question , why the M-B corporation selected the alphabet "W" in their model naming system , is that because of it refers to "Wagen/wagon" ?
I believe so though, even their first F1 race car had a "W" nomenclature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Great thread Mods. In Case we've a thread existing which could guide us about what could the acceptable purchase price etc for used ones.
Search within the Vintage car section, lotsa information on valuations.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote