Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 24th June 2004, 00:09   #1
BHPian

Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Escalade EXT

Giving new meaning to the word excess, in every respect: size, weight, cost, and, uh-huh, speed.

Car & Driver :
With a curb weight that is almost double that of a Corvette and a center of gravity measured in feet rather than inches above the ground, the Cadillac Escalade EXT luxury five-passenger pickup is as likely a performance vehicle as Rosie O'Donnell is an obsequious Avon Lady. So imagine the confusion in our little brains when we tested a modified Escalade that was quicker than a Porsche 911, a BMW M3, and even a Ferrari 360 Modena F1.

This unholy Escalade was the work of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of Decatur, Indiana. Although we've covered many of the company's modified Corvettes and Camaros over the years, we've only sampled a few of its trucks.

Click here for the Full Article.

Me... uhmmm.. I'd like to see how it goes around a corner without jumping into a bush.
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 01:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ June 23 2004,22:39)]Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Escalade EXT

Me... uhmmm.. I'd like to see how it goes around a corner without jumping into a bush. *
shravan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 01:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

looks gooooooood!
whats the cost??
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 02:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Correct me PS, Rehaan, Ported or anyone but Lingenfelter's modified Corvette won the Car & Driver modified supercar contest last year.

Revv??
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 02:25   #5
BHPian

I personally love this pickup, its awesome in person..what a presence..sometime back I was thinking of getting the escalade suv myself..but I love coupe of SUVs to decide which one..for me FX35 will remain the best performance suv of all times..

but this would be wicked to c on the track or straight line..awesome stuff..it amazing how these guys come up with such power...

Cheers

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 02:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well guys here's more from the bad mad bad tuner...

This is the sort of thinking that led Sir Isaac Newton to cranial injuries caused by falling fruit. Nonetheless, John's investigatory "what if" resulted in 650 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque, a twisting force sufficient to alarm even the chief engineer of a Los Angeles-class nuclear attack sub. This new Twin-Turbo Stage II package includes blueprinting, ported cylinder heads, larger stainless intake valves and Inconel exhaust valves, a Lingenfelter camshaft, forged aluminum pistons, a forged steel crankshaft, steel connecting rods, two air-to-air intercoolers, 20 pounds of eels in a plastic pail, and, well, the list eventually leads to an IRS audit, but at this point all you really need to know is that your favorite teller is gonna have to approve a bank draft to the tune of $43,995, essentially doubling the price of your Corvette. Course, after you wade through the painful finances, you'll almost certainly have become the first non-Crusader in town to own a siege weapon.

Here's more on some kicka** cars from the grim reaper of tuners

Lingenfelter Corvette VS Dodge Viper

Revv
Old 24th June 2004, 14:04   #7
BHPian

Didnt John Lingenfelter Die a few years back?
BTW his corvettes are crazy.. I remember watching a videos where his vette does 0-60mph in 1.9 seconds and a drag time of under or around 7 seconds.. (Neck Braking that is..)..
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 17:53   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ June 24 2004,00:53)]Correct me PS, Rehaan, Ported or anyone but Lingenfelter's modified Corvette won the Car & Driver modified supercar contest last year.
Hey Revv,

Yup, it was the green? Lingenfelter vette that snatched 1st place away from the Authothority porsche 911.
I had no doubt in my mind that the autothority should have won the challenge....but the point system was strange if i remember correct.

R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 17:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey Revv,

Just looked it up...it was 2002.. heres a very interesting .pdf comparison of the test.

cheers
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 02:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Damn neat Rehaan.

Very well depicted figures. Wow. Except in one place, everywhere else the Autothority Porsche beats the Lingenfelter vette. Goes to show how good the platform of the 911 really is. As GTO once told me while he read bout the creator of McLaren, Murray who said that the 911 is the perfect platform, the ideal size for a sports car.

I am sure PH is jumping with joy while reading this. (u there, right pal?)

Revv
Old 25th June 2004, 03:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Some pics from the super tuning challenge by Car & Driver

Will come with more pics...

Revv