Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 3rd July 2004, 17:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Peugeot just launched the 1007 hatchback and it's a awesome piece of engg. check out some pics:

i quote from the site:

The fitment of a single electric sliding door on each side of the vehicle is unique in any segment.A simple press on the remote control plip and the electric doors slide rearwards, providing unrestricted access, as though no barrier existed between the outside and inside.When open, the electric doors require only a small lateral clearance, roughly equivalent to that of the door mirrors, thereby enabling the car to be parked in very narrow spaces that are inaccessible to vehicles with traditional doors.

amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2004, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Available with a choice of three engines, a 1.4 litre petrol engine (75 bhp), a 1.6 litre petrol engine (110 bhp) and a 1.4 litre HDi diesel engine (70 bhp), the engine options ensure around town the vehicle is dynamic and responsive, but also ensure excellent performance on the open road and on motorways.

The 1007 will also introduce a "2-Tronic" gearbox on petrol engine versions, which will see Peugeot using controlled manual gearbox technology for the first time.

The 2-Tronic gearbox offers two gear change modes: one entirely automated, eliminating manual gear changes in favour of "automatic" driving; the other sequential, offering the enjoyment of going through the gears manually with either the gear lever or the steering wheel control paddles.
Old 3rd July 2004, 17:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Some more interesting info on the interiors:
The interior of the vehicle can be transformed by the availability of twelve different trim kits consisting of replacement trims for the seats, doors, rear side panels, air vents and the fascia. These kits offer striking decorative patterns and/or vivid colours to create an interior that can freshen and invigorate, express contrasting themes and bold, original statements, or reflect a restrained and classic elegance. The kits are quick and easy to install and remove without the use of any tools.

Old 4th July 2004, 22:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Though the car looks neat on paper, i somehow can't seem to digest the looks of it. A 2 door tall boy?? Looks kinda weird. And even if they do get the "lightning version" of the 107, it really doesn't look like it'd go any faster than the old one.

Meanwhile i can sit back, relax and wait till I am in a position to buy myself a lovely, well maintained, Peugeot 106 lightning.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2004, 23:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a 2 door tall mpv!!!!
well... it may shine in the international market.. but in front of this.. i would tke the Smart FourFour!!
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2004, 22:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

I like the engine specs and interiors. But, I don't quite agree with the styling of the car, especially the rear.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2004, 22:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I echo Aditya's and Revv's thoughts...the car looks good on paper only....
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote