Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 6th February 2006, 13:25   #31
BHPian

Question hey......

always wantd to own a pickup.....

i own a ford 2006 focus....

and its a smooth ride in dxb give me top speeds of nearly 200....

maybe even more.....

but maybe my dream will come true in a yr or 2 ...
PsychoLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 14:21   #32
BHPian

well there is no beating the americans when it comes to pick ups and suv's. THEY RULE...
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 17:49   #33
BHPian

Exclamation I want a pick-up truck!!!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Hey Fellas,

How did i miss out this thread?!? This thread should be moved to the best collections IMHO..

Anyways, Edmund, how is your experience with the 207? Post a review mate..
Any updates about the TL 4x4 ??

Cheers,
Manish
Hey man23ish...... i don't own a 207 yet, but it's definately next on my list... i just love pick-up trucks.... the attitude they exude is awesome!!!

The pic of the 207 is a photoshopped version of their press release pictures, photoshopped by me!~

Hope to own one soon!!!
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 13:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Hey man23ish...... i don't own a 207 yet, but it's definately next on my list... i just love pick-up trucks.... the attitude they exude is awesome!!!
The TATA Telcoline 4x4 hasn't been launched in bangalore yet. Getting launched perhaps in the first week of March.

I've heard that the vehicle has been launched in Pune and Mumbai. What is the cost of the vehicle?

I've been getting mixed responses for the price of the vehicle. A lot of knowledgeable people have said that the TL 4x4 should come inexpensive as it is based on a 17 Year old model and there are no major improvements in the vehicle.

I need to know about the pricing of the vehicle and what should be the right price for this vehicle.
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 15:56   #35
BHPian

The Tata TL 4x4 is out. It was on display at Centre One, Vashi, Navi Mumbai and test drives were being offered. I test drove the 4x4 version without the cab.

Fitted with a 2.0 litre, turbo charged, Safari engine, the vehicle seemed sluggish at lower revs (may be i'm too used to my peppy petrol zen!) but had great pull above 3k revs. It has a nice growl above those revs too. The gear shift, however, felt notchy. The power-steering, on the other hand, made driving this baby absolutely easy. Didn't feel like I was driving such a huge vehicle. The guy told me that the top 4x4 version would be going at about 7.5 lacs (ex-showroom).

Cheers!
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 16:05   #36
BHPian

Is the price-list out yet. The last i had heard from the sales people here in bangalore is that TATA is re-considering the price of this vehicle.

This vehicle may not find the market at more than 6 Lacs in India.

Just wanted to double check if the pricing has been officially released yet, coz their website doesn't say anything about the price.

Manish
Old 7th February 2006, 18:09   #37
BHPian

I picked up the feb issue of Autocar and the price there is 7.75 lakh ex-showroom Bombay.......... Tata cant't be serious here... i mean just because the pick-up truck segment is a new niche in the indian automobile scene doesn't mean that they over price an age old look!

They really have to reconsider the pricing!!!
Old 7th February 2006, 18:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
I picked up the feb issue of Autocar and the price there is 7.75 lakh ex-showroom Bombay.......... Tata cant't be serious here... i mean just because the pick-up truck segment is a new niche in the indian automobile scene doesn't mean that they over price an age old look!

They really have to reconsider the pricing!!!
I totally agree with you. The vehicle is good no doubt, but not for that kind of moolah.. I haven't seen the feb issue of Autocar.. And the TATA marketing guy in Bangalore told me that TATA is launching the vehicle on the 14th of this month.

Last edited by man23ish : 7th February 2006 at 18:17.
Old 7th February 2006, 22:23   #39
BHPian

The TL 4WD retails @ 7.75 Lac
2WD retails @ 5.98 Lac
[ex-showroom Mumbai]

Although Autocar claims that the quality of the product is quite tacky with the excessive use of plastics and outdated interior trim!!!
Old 7th February 2006, 23:01   #40
BHPian

What a difference of 1.77Lacs just for the 4WD? TATA must be out of his mind...
Old 10th February 2006, 19:54   #41
BHPian

Hey Guys, The TATA TL series is getting launched in Bangalore on the 14th of Feb. (Wonder what took them so long?!?)

And i've been invited to attend the launching ceremony of the vehicle. I am planning to attend the show. Haven't decided whether i'll buy the vehicle just yet.. But I was curious if anybody from TBHP is attending the launch??

We can meet there and discuss this vehicle in and out.. What say folks??
Old 11th February 2006, 19:51   #42
Ram
Senior - BHPian

The quintessential American cowboy in the wild-west wouldn't be caught dead without his horse. Today the American pick-up truck carries their horse mythos. It's a symbol of male virility.

Soldiers and NCC cadets are usually transported in the bed of trucks (granted that a Shaktiman or Nissan 3/4-tonner is bigger than a compact Tata 407, but still!)

The Thais install bench seats along both sides of the back of a pick-up truck and use it as a cheap bus.

And who hasn't seen the yellow 4x4 trucks in "Baywatch".

Pick-up trucks are constructed better than cars, thicker gauge steel, better anti-rust treatment (sometimes galvanized diamond plate beds), heavy-duty paint, heavier chassis frames, stronger engines and bullet-proof gearboxes, ..., hence they live longer lives.

Here's an independence-era 1947 Ford pick-up truck in pristine original splendor.

And here's a fun modded one.
Note the lowered suspension, flames, deep-dish chrome wheels with low-profile rubber,
chromed radiator and K&N filters on the twin carbs.

मैं निकला, ओ गड्डी लेके, रसते पर, ओ सडक में,
एक मोड आया, मैं उत्थे दिल छोड आया ...
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 23:01   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Default New Tundra Launched !

Pickup truck fans rejoice. Toyota showed the fully redesigned Toyota Tundra yesterday at the Chicago Auto Show. The truck looks awesome and surely will be a slam dunk success.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th February 2006 at 23:02.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 23:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

looks great.with wider tyres boy will it look good.but i still prefer the looks of the Dodge Ram.that trucks huge and yet has clas...

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 11:02   #45

TATA TL 4x4 :| damn I heard wrong !!!!! I thought it was priced arnd 4.5lacs wch was a steal but how can they price it like premium wen its not actually ......... I mean the interiors are like outdated the dash is totally plastic lookin except for the central lockin theres nothin else dats modern :S
newayz the tubless tyres & alloy's are the only things dat are like some sortta accesories
FrozEN_BHP is offline   Reply With Quote