Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 5th May 2005, 01:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI WR6
I dont know if this will help at all, but just have a look at this drag race between the E90 M5 and the E55 AMG
Its E60 M5 not E90.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 01:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

i said that because Merc lost autocar verdict mostly due to its engine and 5 speed auto box which is quite dated now.Mercs are more sedate driving machines than bmw's which are more oriented for performance than comfort.read anywhere E55 has better ride and comfort than M5.S-class is the best riding lux limo,way better that 7-series and A8(which as Jerrmy Clarkson says is only designed to ride beautifully only on the designers Mahogany desk).

so the person is question would do well with a MB E than A BMW 5.as it is merc's are owned by older(mature) men compared to BMW's.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 04:12   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Wait till we get the E350 here.Autocar will definately change its mind then.
Wait till the E320 Cdi comes dude! No one makes performance diesels like mercedes...I checked out comparisions of the E350 and E320Cdi and the latter beats it in performance. Anxiously waitin for them to launch the E350 and hope the E320Cdi comes out at the same times too, they both are long due .... Mr.CLS55 our merc man, wats the lowdown on this? any news for us?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 04:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Wait till the E320 Cdi comes dude! No one makes performance diesels like mercedes...I checked out comparisions of the E350 and E320Cdi and the latter beats it in performance. Anxiously waitin for them to launch the E350 and hope the E320Cdi comes out at the same times too, they both are long due .... Mr.CLS55 our merc man, wats the lowdown on this? any news for us?
But Autocar were comparing the A6 and 5-Series gasoline versions and not oil burners.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 09:43   #35
BHPian

BMWs are driver's cars.No contest.But some might find it difficult to digest the 'bangled' 5-series,however subdued it may be.As almost evryone here has said,the E-class is all about relaxing in the back seat and letting everyone stare at your hood ornament.Mercs are fun to drive,no doubt,but my fav. is the late model M5.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 10:12   #36
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
wait..If merc is to launch the E320cdi BMW will revert back with their assault weapon the deadly 535d,twin turbos,272 horses at your disposal..man thats an engine to watch out.

and comparing the 5 to the E, its the beemer for me.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 13:28   #37
BHPian

Most of the people in here will prefer a BMW 5-series, since it is a lot sportier, rugged looking and rarer, and yes...I really like Chris Bangle's styling though more than half the world does not. But If your uncle is going to be chauffeur driven and is looking for comfort in the back seat, then I think the merc is a better option. It pains me to see a chauffeur driven BMW...be it the 3, 5, 6 or 7 series.

CHEERS.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 13:58   #38
BHPian

Well, now can u change the thread topic name???
My uncle decided not to go for the 5, coz his friend who got the new 545i had many problems. Some of them were, in his second day with the car, the ABS light went on. When he continued driving more malfunctions were displayed including DSC, CBC. After rectifying it, a week later his brakes were almost gone. Another problem which he mentioned is that, the English version of the iDrive(which he had) had many bugs in it, that he had to take the car in every 10 days to upgrade the software which is still not accurate!!!
Mikeo is offline   Reply With Quote