Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th April 2009, 23:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
I never thought i'd dislike the palio's looks. WHY?

This one looks weird. The original Palio was amazing and the Stile is good too.
I think it's time to retire the Palio. Get in the Panda ahead of anything else. Small, cheap and cool.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Is it me or does this palio look like a baby cayenne. Smaller but ugly just the same!
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 14:29   #18
BHPian

Hey all, did some more research. Apparently this is the 2010 edition Palio. To be honest looks a lot better in the official shots.
Apparently it now has the same headlights as the Brazillian edition of the Palio weekend. On a closer look you can see its been raiding some of the Linea parts as well.

Lançamentos: Fiat Palio 2010 | QUATRO RODAS

(warning : Portugese link, I only know some portugese so I managed )
The palio is a very succesful car in brazil, remember the streets being flooded with them last time I was there.
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 18:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks great , hope it makes its way here. As it is I think Palio production has been severely slowed down to ramp up production of Linea
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 18:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Front end looks like a shoddy mod job of forcibly integrating the Linea's chin to the old Plaio! Whatever they do to the Palio,even if this model comes to our shores(when?..nobody knows) it won't do well here.Unless Fiat launches a brand new model with better marketing from grounds-up in that segment..bring on the Grand Punto.Its sure to replicate the success of the Linea!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 20:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think it looks ok and the interiors looks nice. But in the Indian market, I am assuming this would be pitted against the likes of Swift, Getz , UVA ?

if priced well, it could possibly serve as a alternative option for people who dont want to go for the above. in fact with the 1L engine specs, it clearly outclasses even the UVA/GETZ
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 21:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Tried them all but was disillusined with all of them. In lieu of the Getz I tried the Verna and except for the the Fiesta nothing comes close when all aspects are taken into account. I am not going to bad mouth the Civic but its not a patch on the Fiesta 1.6s. Out right acceleration is not the only factor that makes the metal and the flesh gel. To each his own probably. I am praying hard that the Chevy Cruze has a soul when it lands on our soil.
Cannot say about the Civic, but I too test drove the Fiesta, the ANHC, and drove my friend's Getz CRDi to Jaipur. Each time, I felt elated when I drove the Palio again.

I remember the expression that was doing the rounds when the first gen R1 came out: Jinba ittai. Loosely translated, it meant 'the horse and rider as one'. Same applies to the GTX.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 28th April 2009 at 21:54.
vipul_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 22:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

wow. IMO, it looks great! they should have launched this last year as the final version of palio berfore punto.

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 08:03   #24
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Listen to what a Mivec owner had to say.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...erience-4.html (Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience)

But something was nagging in my head. The car was fast. Looked good with the kit in red. But somehow this was not my car. My previous car ( Palio1.6 ) had been very special to me and this bigger faster car somehow couldn’t take its place. Two track days, playing around with fiberglass kits didn’t quite make it. Something was missing. Something didn’t connect. The car was just that. A car. It didn’t connect the way the palio did. That’s when I decided something had to be done and fast. Then started the long process of upgrades and mods...

The above is the jist of the whole GTX/S10 thing. We owners do not know what but something in the Palio 1.6GTX/S10 makes the flesh and metal gel even though there may be much faster cars in our garage. Infact even the Linea and the new 1.6 sport model does not give one the same feeling. The only car that probably can is the one below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post1236515 (Grande Punto with 1.6vgt released in EUROPE)

Last edited by drpullockaran : 29th April 2009 at 08:05.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 11:21   #25
BHPian

Talking

@drpullockaran

I think you didn't read the whole ownership experience.After some major changes to the mivec,it became his own soulmate (may be greater than the palio he previously had).

Its always like this,some cars we get so attached and cant let it go with so many options around.To me its ma swift petrol.To you its the GTX.

Well if you suggested me to upgrade to GTX (i haven't driven it though),i would thankfully say NO and will keep my swiftyy.Because its my own and my own car.
jithudigitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 13:51   #26
BHPian

Whatever other says, but I like this new design too much. I am thinking of upgrading my Palio, earlier I was shortlisted on Multijet Palio, but quality is too low of these new Palio compare to my old one. Linea's GC is too low, Punto will have the same GC, high GC is my one of primary requirement. If this new Punto will launch with new interior, I will definitly go for it.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 22:28   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default His GTX was probably stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
@drpullockaran

After some major changes to the mivec,it became his own soulmate (may be greater than the palio he previously had).
Thats the whole point. Even after getting a much more powerful car he still felt his stock GTX had that something extra till he did further modifications.
To each his own though.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 14:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

The face looks pretty cool.

Like the Bravo.
The rear is pretty staid.

The interiors are top notch and much better than the current dated interiors of the Stile.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 15:08   #29
BHPian

Personally I would prefer the old school 1.6 GTX with these interiors.
I just cant get enough of these telephone dial alloy wheels.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:42   #30
BHPian

Why are palios getting uglier by the day?

Fiat Palio to get a Facelift | CarTradeIndia.com

Would this facelift qualify for being the ugliest of the palios?
subscrive is offline   Reply With Quote