Old 2nd August 2009, 21:01   #196
Senior - BHPian

Last episode of the season tonight.
It’s the last one… Transmission – BBC Top Gear

Watch it!
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:41   #197
Senior - BHPian

It's just episode 7. Shouldn't there be 8?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:44   #198
Senior - BHPian

Nope. Only seven this season. They had a big budget cut.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 02:37   #199
Senior - BHPian

Top_Gear.13x07.WS_PDTV_XviD-FoV
gogogo
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:21   #200
Senior - BHPian

This is the end. Looking at that vantage part and jeremy talking about the ending, it doesnt look like they will be back. But i hope so. Was 13x7 the end of it all..>????
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:47   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
This is the end. Looking at that vantage part and jeremy talking about the ending, it doesnt look like they will be back. But i hope so. Was 13x7 the end of it all..>????
No they should be back in the fall. They were reportedly spied filming an episode in the US, either as a special or as a regular episode for later.

But I do share Jeremy's feelings about the grim future of exciting cars like the V12 Vantage. I hope I do not live to see a day where we are all forced to drive Toyota Priuses and the best sportscar on the planet runs on batteries.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:00   #202
BHPian

Unhappy

Monday afternoons will no longer be exiting...

I really hope that they come back with a bang..AGAIN!!
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching episode 7

Good episode. Just loved the Vokwagen Ad campaign story. A fitting end to the seaso with a V12 Vantage. What a work of art. And yes Jay Leno is the special guest.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:49   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Jay Leno's interview was a little disappointing to be honest. I was salivating at the thought of him coming and talking about his cars. But nothing much happened.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Jay Leno's interview was a little disappointing to be honest. I was salivating at the thought of him coming and talking about his cars. But nothing much happened.
jay leno doesn't generally talk much about his cars. he lets the cars do all the talking. TG is expected back in fall. Hope for a better season soon.
14000rpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 08:04   #206
BHPian

Damn! I hope the bit he said during the Vantage part never comes true.
equinox22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 12:18   #207
BHPian

Quote:
But I do share Jeremy's feelings about the grim future of exciting cars like the V12 Vantage. I hope I do not live to see a day where we are all forced to drive Toyota Priuses and the best sportscar on the planet runs on batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
Damn! I hope the bit he said during the Vantage part never comes true.
These are the same kind of things they said when the horse-and-buggy was about to be replaced by the internal combustion engine! And 25 or 50 or a hundred years down the line, this will be the same kind of things that are said when a newer, better technology replaces fuel cells as the primary energy source of personal transportation. And there will be naysayers even then... "how can water/air/garbage ever replace electricity as fuel in our cars," they'll say. "It'll never happen..." "I hope to never live to see the day..." etc etc.

Even today, most of the concept cars that companies come up with use some kind of fuel cell/hybrid technology. And yes, some of these are high-performance sports cars. And they do actually manage sports car-like performance! I have no doubt that inside of 10 years a sports car running on some kind of alternative fuel technology will easily outperform today's so-called 'supercars.'

Let's face it, Jeremy is a very entertaining host, but he belongs firmly to the middle part of the 20th century.
Xinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 16:57   #208
BHPian

have you guys seen the tesla
Tesla Motors

While i am sure most of us like the sound of a turbo petrol, the electrics of the future can be very exhilarating to drive and i believe the tesla was reviewed on top/fifth gear.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 19:57   #209
BHPian

words straight from horse mouth. Source

Quote:
How will it end? Ideally, all good TV programmes should follow the Fawlty Towers formula ó make a run of great shows, then call it a day, get the hell out of Dodge and leave your audience with only memories of greatness. That approach shows courage, dignity and integrity. The problem is that none of us has any of those qualities. Weíll keep pedalling away until people are throwing eggs at us.
I can assure you, though, that even if we do run out of talent, thereís no cynicism in the Top Gear office. We go to work rubbing our hands, wondering what mischief can be made that day. So Iím afraid youíre stuck with us for a while.
Comrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 01:57   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinger View Post
These are the same kind of things they said when the horse-and-buggy was about to be replaced by the internal combustion engine! And 25 or 50 or a hundred years down the line, this will be the same kind of things that are said when a newer, better technology replaces fuel cells as the primary energy source of personal transportation. And there will be naysayers even then... "how can water/air/garbage ever replace electricity as fuel in our cars," they'll say. "It'll never happen..." "I hope to never live to see the day..." etc etc.
Its not just about the cars being there or not. Its more about the freedom to enjoy such a car. He mentioned the constant war against speed thats going on all over the world. And 50 years later when you have your electric supercar, you will also have the latest means to ensure you never go above 40 kmph.
equinox22 is offline   Reply With Quote