Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 11th May 2009, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'm waiting for their Nano review.
Nano was covered in the Season 10 or season 11 of TG. Hamster said this is the company that has bought jaguar. They are making a car which will be priceda at 1500 pounds or whatever.... The few funny things about it was

1) Hamster said they have not wasted any money on styling this car, and they have based this car on a pokemon character.

2) The car visual was that of the top end one, whic had body colored bumpers, JC on the same said it is v clear that it is a top end one because there are no Mules/donkes before it. (what i made out of the joke is that the mules would be used to pull the car)

I found both of these rather funny.

Also once May had test driven the Rover city (Tata Indica V2), Rover knew why they were asking for the Rover city test drive and hence they denied the TD, but TG the persistent lot they are...did a sting operated TD, May had cameras in his tie and his bag to record the episode.

After the TD he said this "this by far is the worst car i have ever driven"

these guys are v funny.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

I've watched that episode, cobra ji.
I meant a review ie. a Test drive. Not mere opinions from pictures!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've watched that episode, cobra ji.
I meant a review ie. a Test drive. Not mere opinions from pictures!
okay nitrius bhai sahab .

i don think they will TD it anyways

ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Discovery's Travel and Living channel has started broadcasting FifthGear on most days at 11/11.30 PM. I have been catching the show for a few days now. Still not sure of the timing . sorry.

And i don think, its the latest episodes or so since yesterday they showed the testing of Audi TT. Which has been long launched before i guess.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 11th May 2009 at 13:17. Reason: Punctuations
jayakumarkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 14:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
okay nitrius bhai sahab .

i don think they will TD it anyways

ac
They probably wont be TDing it until it is launched in the UK. Unless, they have an India special this time! Wouldnt that be something! They went to Vietnam in S11, and have been to USA and Africa before.
Imagine JC saying "Now to time the Nano around our special Indian lap (complete with cows and dogs), presenting - Stig's Indian cousin!!"

I remember watching an old BBC special where JC had driven an Ambassador across Howrah Bridge, tested the top speed of a Mumbai Auto and driven a Mahindra Jeep from Pune to Mumbai on the NH4. This was sometime in the mid 90s. Some YouTube videos are available for these I think.
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 16:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey guys...here's a video footage of Richard Hammond and Sheikh al-Stig at UAE's Alain Airport with a quartet of the most desirable top-of-the-line supercars on the market. In plain view on the closed-off air strip are a Mercedes SLR McLaren 722, the new Lamborghini Murcielago SV LP670-4, a Bugatti Veyron for good measure (probably the same all-red example that took part in the triple formation) and an original McLaren F1 to put them all in their place.
Link: VIDEO: Top Gear crew spotted in UAE with quartet of top-shelf supercars

Watch out for this epic episode!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 16:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
They probably wont be TDing it until it is launched in the UK. Unless, they have an India special this time! Wouldnt that be something! They went to Vietnam in S11, and have been to USA and Africa before.
Imagine JC saying "Now to time the Nano around our special Indian lap (complete with cows and dogs), presenting - Stig's Indian cousin!!"

I remember watching an old BBC special where JC had driven an Ambassador across Howrah Bridge, tested the top speed of a Mumbai Auto and driven a Mahindra Jeep from Pune to Mumbai on the NH4. This was sometime in the mid 90s. Some YouTube videos are available for these I think.
Top Gear in india would seriously be awesome... we should write to Andy about this, i mean they have covered many other contries.. it wouldn't hurt to do a small skit in India. ( even if its a Factual One). Just can't stop thinking how would Stig's Indian Cousion be dressed. Would it be a Dhoti Kurta, Lungi , Or what..

Anyways which BBC episode arte you talking about, I download the whole Moterworld season. And it dosn't have anything about the Auto.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 18:29   #23
BHPian

"Think about the celebration of failure in The Simpsons, because Top Gear is not just about cars, it's also about celebrating that massive Black Hole of Pointlessness that is the male mind." - Andy Wilman
jayakumarkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 19:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Anyways which BBC episode arte you talking about, I download the whole Moterworld season. And it dosn't have anything about the Auto.
This was long ago - when the Rover Montego was introduced in India. I have the episode.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 12:48   #25
F50
Senior - BHPian

Funny Trailer of Top Gear Season 13 is up on the net.

A race on on ice, classic car race and SL was shown!

Cant wait! 4 days to go!
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 14:30   #26
BHPian

Just got my Mag and its got due in the season. Theres loads of cars being tested - TTRS, Nissan GTR and the rest. Plus there's RH and the Stig, driving a bunch of Supercars in the desert, a race between a bike a car and a van. The highlight of the show will be on the 28th of July - A race between the Mclaren F1 and the Veyron. The mag doesnt say who wins - all it says is the Veyron gets bogged down at the start.

Just so you guys know, theres 5th gear as well, which started a couple of weeks ago. Ofcrouse 5th gear doesnt get as much money to spend as Topgear, but its still interesting.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 22:13   #27
BHPian

Guys check out the teasers of season 13 on http://www.finalgear.com.
It shows some bits of the amazing stuff that is heading our way..
Driving trains,drifting on ice, Buggati Veyron in the Emirates and much more....
jmddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 00:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Woohoooo.

Though it's still too far away. Cant wait.

PS: Complete collection from series 1 to 12 with me on my HDD
Hi,

I have series from 9-12 but i am looking for rest of it.. can you please provide me the copies of it.. Ofcourse if you dont mind...

Thanks,
Manu Chawla
manu7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 01:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
The highlight of the show will be on the 28th of July - A race between the Mclaren F1 and the Veyron. The mag doesnt say who wins - all it says is the Veyron gets bogged down at the start.
The Veyron should win it easy. It has been said quite a few times that in a drag race, if you let the McLaren F1 get a head-start, and the Veyron launches when the McF1 is doing 120mph, the Veyron will still beat it to 200mph.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:18   #30
BHPian

And it's out people!

Go Go Go
Nitronium is offline   Reply With Quote