Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th June 2008, 19:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

there are a few in bombay. few months back a foreigner was on one of these i was like - seems like fun though

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd July 2008 at 01:23. Reason: Potential expletive deleted.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 20:44   #32
Team-BHP Support

I had a ride on one of these at the San Jose tech museum within the museum building. Its good fun.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:35   #33
BHPian

Would have sold incredibly well if someone like Apple would have launched it
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:38   #34
BHPian

Hey guys , Theres a really funny article here regarding segway, You guys should check it out How to render the Segway Human Transporter obsolete: add a third wheel.
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 22:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Has anybody in the forum used the 'Segway', a two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicle invented by Dean Kamen. It was claimed to be the "the world's first self-balancing human transporter."

Segway

Segway PT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mods, when I searched for 'Segway' yesterday using advanced search I got no results. Is something wrong with the search engine? If I had known about this thread I would have posted my query here.

I must add that advanced search picked up this thread now.

Last edited by Murugan : 25th June 2008 at 22:49. Reason: Posted result of todays search.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 00:11   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post

Who are these guys Neil, Nitin and Mukesh. Must be a trio of idiots, who else would spend 10 Lakhs for commuting betwwen their vanity van and set instead of walking and excercising their limbs ?

Man, now I believe the video IQ's are really decreasing nowdays. On that note how about casting this trio in this video instead ?
ROTFL. Neil Nitin Mukesh is the name of a person. Its not a 'trio'.
He is the grandson of the legendary yesteryears singer Mukesh and son of Nitin Mukesh (Mukesh's son). Being a movie star I guess showing off and tashanbaji comes to them naturally.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 01:53   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Mods, when I searched for 'Segway' yesterday using advanced search I got no results. Is something wrong with the search engine? If I had known about this thread I would have posted my query here.

I must add that advanced search picked up this thread now.
Hi Murugan,

I merged your thread with an earlier thread named "Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph", and at that time added the pre-fix "The Segway - " to aid future searches.

However, to find the thread (before the merge/rename) all i did was a simple search for "segway" and it gave me 7 threads as a result.
Are you sure your advanced search settings arent saved to a strange default? Were you searching only in titles? etc

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 01:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Security guards as a nearby shopping mall (Grapevine Mall at Grapevine Texas) use these. They swear by it saves them a lot of pained ankles. Had a smallish ride, it wasn't actually scary by psychologically odd!
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 13:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

As the link given by Amien above, a third wheel would seriously make a difference in the pricing part, which will eventually make it affordable to anyone. Its an interesting read and reveals a lot of funda behind the expensive technology that makes balancing act of the handle rod with the wheels !! Hope its not an exaggeration !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 13:29   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
As the link given by Amien above, a third wheel would seriously make a difference in the pricing part, which will eventually make it affordable to anyone....
True, but then it is just an electric vehicle. Nothing revolutionary about it.

However, this reminds me of the story of when the USA and Russia were first sending astronauts into space - the US spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a ball point pen that could write upside down, and in zero-gravity - which was a huge problem for earthly pens.
The Russians just used pencils

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 23:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Murugan,

I merged your thread with an earlier thread named "Burning Rubber @ 10 kmph", and at that time added the pre-fix "The Segway - " to aid future searches.

However, to find the thread (before the merge/rename) all i did was a simple search for "segway" and it gave me 7 threads as a result.
Are you sure your advanced search settings arent saved to a strange default? Were you searching only in titles? etc

cya
R
You are correct. I searched only in titles; my mistake I guess. My previous search for other stuff in entire posts used to throw up so many, sometimes irrelevant, results and so I had restricted myself to searching only titles. Yes, a search in entire posts (I checked now) does reveal 7 threads. Thanks for the feedback.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 23:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The Security guards as a nearby shopping mall (Grapevine Mall at Grapevine Texas) use these. They swear by it saves them a lot of pained ankles.
It is a foreign agent unleashed on the americans so that they may die of laziness.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
True, but then it is just an electric vehicle. Nothing revolutionary about it.

However, this reminds me of the story of when the USA and Russia were first sending astronauts into space - the US spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a ball point pen that could write upside down, and in zero-gravity - which was a huge problem for earthly pens.
The Russians just used pencils

cya
R
Haha, that was awesome. Never knew that, Thanks Rehaan
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 00:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Haha, that was awesome. Never knew that, Thanks Rehaan
It's just a joke, not really true.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:25   #45
BHPian

i saw one in white at a friends office his manager was using it. going from room to room in it it was sooo nimble.

but 5000$ is tooo expensive thats like 2lakh rs ouch!!!
anyone would buy the upcoming ninja 250 than this
gt_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote