Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 19th June 2009, 04:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

It would be very interesting to know what the owners and big wigs of the Automobile manufacturing companies drive to work.
E.g.
Ratan TATA and ilk.
Until 2 years ago, Ratan Tata used a Blue Indigo Marina with a chauffer for the office.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 07:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ah, Internet warfare! Woohoo! Cut it out homeslices, and let's stick to the lolness behind BMW's scheme.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 13:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Ah, Internet warfare! Woohoo! Cut it out homeslices, and let's stick to the lolness behind BMW's scheme.
Don't get me wrong i am not mocking BMW's scheme. Every company has got to do whatever they can to get sales out, esp the automotive industry, which until last mth was down almost 45%.
What's silly is when you expect people to drive to work in a company owned brand and then drive something else when they are not representing the company. Its really not feasable. This applies to all tiers of the work force. I dont think BMW targeted only designers or project managers. Afterall the largest percentage of the work force is the shop floor employees. Also everyone is a competitor, be it Nissan and BMW or Honda and Audi.

I guess the 100 reponses more or less sums up what their employees thought. I bet most of them went to the sales office and asked to test drive a M3, just for the sake of it . I would.

OT - Homeslices, a word i have'nt heard in ages...
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 13:45   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

OT: Reminds me of the scene in 'fun with dick and jane'. All empolyees in Jim's company had BMWs. Did the visionaries at BMW get inspired for this one?
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote