Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2012, 11:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!

Honda has unveiled the European version of it's 2012 CR-V, scheduled to debut at the Geneva Motor Show.

Minor (read "cosmetic") changes have been done to this one, like (if you look really hard) you can spot the different lower bumper cluster, different-looking fog lamps, tweaked finish to the front grille, different headlamps, etc. Essentially, it remains the same CR-V launched earlier this year.

Official Press Release -

Quote:
Honda Reveals Images of the European CR-V Prototype

Honda has revealed images of the European CR-V Prototype ahead of its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show on 6 March 2012.

This preview model highlights the exterior styling direction of the all-new fourth generation European Honda CR-V, which is set to go on sale in Autumn 2012.

Compared to the previous generation, this Prototype adopts a more aggressive stance with deeper sculpting of the body lines and a bolder front fascia. The lower front bumper wraps smartly upward to convey SUV capability, while the lower front bumper design now integrates more smoothly into the fascia for improved aerodynamics.

The Honda Press Conference will take place at 09.15 CET on Tuesday 6 March.
Pics courtesy autoblog.

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv1.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv5.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv4.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv2.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv7.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv3.jpg

Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!-hondacrv6.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th February 2012 at 11:42.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

This is the latest Honda CRV 2012 ad, made for Super Bowl season

Old 6th April 2012, 22:39   #33
BHPian

is it me or does it actually look a bit like the tata aria from some angles?!

it is hardly looking exciting or something anyone would look forward to buy purely based on looks! utility or practicality maybe... but looks... nah!

wonder whats gone wrong with honda designing team?! the current city, civic and cr-v all received rave reviews and made people drool as they all looked very futuristic and great when they were launched!
but the newer models are nothing to write about much and intact are somewhat ugly if I may... and definitely upsetting for honda fans as they might be forced to look else where.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:15   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Unveils European Market 2013 CR-V, Available with Diesel and Petrol Engines

Honda says the length (4,570mm) and height (1,650mm) of the car have been reduced by 5mm and 30mm respectively compared with the current model, without reducing the interior space. The vehicle's width remains the same.

The CR-V has a boot capacity of 589 liters or 1,648 liters with the rear seats folded down, an increase of 148 liters over the previous model. The boot's load length has been increased by 140mm to 1,570mm, while the height of the load lip has been reduced by 25mm. In addition, there's a power tailgate, which Honda says is unique to the European market model.

The fourth generation of Honda's compact crossover will be offered with three powerplants, including a 2.0-liter i-VTEC petrol and a 2.2-liter i-DTEC diesel that are carried over from the previous model, plus a brand-new 1.6-liter turbo diesel.

The power output of the updated 2.0-liter four-cylinder gasoline unit has grown from 148hp (150PS) to 153hp (155PS) while peak torque is up by 2Nm to 192Nm (142 lb-ft).

The 2.2-liter i-DTEC diesel engine continues to produce 148hp (150PS) and 350Nm (258 lb-ft), but the CO2 emissions fall from 171g/km to 153g/km (10%) for the manual gearbox model, and from 195g/km to 175g/km for models fitted with the five-speed automatic transmission.

Honda's new 1.6-liter turbo diesel that is rated at 118HP (120PS) at 4,000 rpm and 300Nm (221.3 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm, will become available next year.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

I love the shut lines on this car and hope others learn, such tight tolerance.

Hope they show courage to introduce the new 1.6 TD in India. People here would love to have this Honda with a diesel.
Old 19th July 2012, 15:17   #36
BHPian

The front still retains a hint of familiarity with family history. The rear is downright ugly to put it mildly.
Old 19th July 2012, 15:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
is it me or does it actually look a bit like the tata aria from some angles?!
it is hardly looking exciting or something anyone would look forward to buy purely based on looks! utility or practicality maybe... but looks... nah!

wonder whats gone wrong with honda designing team?!
newer models are nothing to write about much and in fact are somewhat ugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I don't know what it is with Honda, but IMO both the 2012 Civic and this New CR-V both look worse than the current generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Is it just me or does the tail lamp cluster actually resembles to that of a volvo xc 60 and the new land cruiser prado??
What is wrong with Honda ?? The current CRV looks much better just like the current civic looks much better than the proposed 2012 civic..
If this is introduced at the current price range and without a diesel engine then good luck Honda you are gonna need it big time to sell this car !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The Hump at the rear end is really funny looking and i dont really get it
Also, this seems like one more next gen car by Honda that went wrong. There just insnt enough next gen style in this car. Its like the next gen civic- new but too familiar- too safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am not able to get over the hump back whale rear of this car. It's overly accentuated imo.
It looks like a full size bigger and is no longer a compact soft roader.
If there's ever a company that's completely lost it's success DNA it's Honda. From compact, cleanly styled autos they've now become the epitome of bloat, sluggishness and excess. The new Accord is a whale compared to the outgoing model, and has lost all pretense towards being a sporty handler. Ditto the Civic. The current City, at least, is better than it's predecessor.
I don't get it... no diesel, no performance, no value for money, and no styling chops. This isn't even bringing a knife to a gunfight, it's bringing nothing at all.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

I too agree with the design comments above. Something is churning the wrong way around with the design team @ Honda (or maybe they are just not being paid enough). I for one absolutely loved the Old CRV for that matter. But look at this thing. It's hideous, preposterous, bulky and has all the wrong curves. The company is trying hard to be different and is coming up with downright ugly creations.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 19th July 2012 at 16:26.
Old 30th August 2012, 15:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Link to 2012 Honda CRV 2.2 2.2 i-DTEC test drive report by Autocar-UK - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...cr-v-22-i-dtec

... & the link to CR-V 2.0L petrol 2WD test drive report by Autoexpress-UK - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/c...-petrol-2wd-se
Old 30th August 2012, 16:15   #40
BHPian

May be the Honda management did some cost cutting measure on design team (lay off, salary cut) while the team were designing the CR-V half way through, so the team designed the rear end this way . Outright ugly.
Old 30th August 2012, 16:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

*EEKS*
The Parietal part is not really appealing!

The rest looks dandy.
Old 30th August 2012, 18:08   #42
BHPian

Here'a 'real-time' shot per se a friend had posted some time back on FB. No details where when though:
I actually like the upward hump as we're calling it I guess, could be a space enhancing move for the rear tray.

Name:  394767_10151045509304666_1388647285_n.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  77.2 KB

Last edited by negativeH : 30th August 2012 at 18:09.
Old 30th August 2012, 18:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Here'a 'real-time' shot per se a friend had posted some time back on FB. No details where when though:
I actually like the upward hump as we're calling it I guess, could be a space enhancing move for the rear tray.
Going by the van present in the background, it may not be India
Old 30th August 2012, 18:55   #44
nbr
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Honda CR-V 2012. EDIT : Brochure pics leaked!

Honda CRV 2012 is already been launched few months back in Dubai and it has already lost steam!!! Kia Sportage are found more on the roads then CRV's. 3years back, CRV's used to rule and others were not even considered.

Last edited by nbr : 30th August 2012 at 18:56. Reason: missed out the place
Old 30th August 2012, 21:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

CR-V is a sales success in USA. It has sold more than any other CUV in the market even though critics are raving about Ford Escape, Sportage and Mazda CX-5. Due to successful CR-V run, Honda USA also revised its target sales for 2012.

It looks decent on road. While it may not be a powerful CUV, it does everything right in terms of FE, Space, quality, fit and finish not to mention the way it rides and handles for CUV and the reliability of Honda. Also a major factor is that the reputation of old is being carried forward. Overall it is not for performance enthusiast but more towards family for whom its just a A-B transport.
Closed Thread