Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:15   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default stripped hondas in Dubai?

Honda Jazz and City are having just ONE hand grip inside their cars, here are few photos of those!

the only hand grip is provided only for the passenger in the front!
Attached Thumbnails
stripped hondas in Dubai?-city-int2.jpg  

stripped hondas in Dubai?-jazz-int3.jpg  

stripped hondas in Dubai?-jazz-int2.jpg  

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

ya, so what's the point?? the door handles do the job.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:28   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

i meant that honda should either give all four or none! why just give it for the front passenger ONLY?

civic and accord has all four grips!

may be to keep the COST of the jazz and city lower then the competition!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:44   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

The car in the second and third image are okay since they don't have that little depression for the handle. As for the first car, its so obvious they were supposed to be there and later removed. That would annoy me as a buyer.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:07   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

No one travels in the passenger seats of any car in Dubai. Everything from a Tata Nano to the Escalade is single passenger there. Who needs handles in such a case?
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:51   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: India
Posts: 118
Thanked: Once
Default

I've seen this for the first time.
Generally, Its noticed that there are 3 handles and they are for passangers only, Not for driver but this is the unique case where theres a handle only for driver not for passangers!
*VT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:49   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Guys the reason these cars don't feature a grab handle on the dirvers side is that the driver is supposed to keep both his hands on teh steering whell at all times and not use one to hang on to these grab handles.

Now its there for the passengers to keep themselves steady in their seats as tehy don't have a steering wheel to grab onto.

Also some cars don't have these for teh rear passengers as the seats are sufficiently inclined that it hanging on to these grab handles would meen youer behind would have to be in the air.

Last edited by wasif : 2nd July 2009 at 10:51.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:44   #8
BHPian
 
Anthym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: London
Posts: 187
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Guys the reason these cars don't feature a grab handle on the dirvers side is that the driver is supposed to keep both his hands on teh steering whell at all times and not use one to hang on to these grab handles.

Now its there for the passengers to keep themselves steady in their seats as tehy don't have a steering wheel to grab onto.

Also some cars don't have these for teh rear passengers as the seats are sufficiently inclined that it hanging on to these grab handles would meen youer behind would have to be in the air.
I really doubt your argument.
Honda offers the grab handles on its other cars but not on the City and the Jazz ?
There are other countries that have rules pertaining to the driver keeping both his hands on the wheel at a specific angle (the 10-10 rule). That doesnt mean you remove the grabs off altogether.
And whats with the passengers behind in the air argument. Those grabs are a convienience. It doesnt mean just beacause you have them there, people gonna cling to them at all times.
Anthym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:12   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I really doubt your argument.
Honda offers the grab handles on its other cars but not on the City and the Jazz ?
There are other countries that have rules pertaining to the driver keeping both his hands on the wheel at a specific angle (the 10-10 rule). That doesnt mean you remove the grabs off altogether.
And whats with the passengers behind in the air argument. Those grabs are a convienience. It doesnt mean just beacause you have them there, people gonna cling to them at all times.
i used to work for Toyota in the US and this is the reason even Toyota doesn't have four grab handles on their cars. now on the SUV range they are required to mount and dismount so they are there.

Also if you notice cars from Europe will feature four grab handles even though the driver mignt not use it that often. This is because they want a uniform look

If the car has a deep rear seat then it will not feature these grab handles cause it would be impracticle to use hence not supplied. Why would a manifacturer provide something that will not be used.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:34   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
i used to work for Toyota in the US and this is the reason even Toyota doesn't have four grab handles on their cars. now on the SUV range they are required to mount and dismount so they are there.

Also if you notice cars from Europe will feature four grab handles even though the driver mignt not use it that often. This is because they want a uniform look

If the car has a deep rear seat then it will not feature these grab handles cause it would be impracticle to use hence not supplied. Why would a manifacturer provide something that will not be used.
well my friend now you are not in US of A, but in UAE!

i cant reason with your argument about the handle grips! how come honda gives 4 handles above all four doors in civic and accord? come on dude be reasonable....!!

i will try to take photos of toyota yaris, corolla and camry and see what does toyota provides in these cars!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:19   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well my friend now you are not in US of A, but in UAE!

i cant reason with your argument about the handle grips! how come honda gives 4 handles above all four doors in civic and accord? come on dude be reasonable....!!

i will try to take photos of toyota yaris, corolla and camry and see what does toyota provides in these cars!
Go for it my man.

The reasons given by me are what I am aware of. Why would I waste my time and energy spreading fallacies.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 22:12   #12
BHPian
 
ariendj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 503
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

if my memory is right it is left hand side driving in the middle east!!that means the front handle bar is for the co passenger and not driver!!
and i suppose the handle bars is provided in the accessories list which can/will be fitted in the cars during delivery!!
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video of R32 GTR against Hondas PmDaWg The International Automotive Scene 8 13th April 2012 12:44
Used Hondas maybach Shifting gears 10 7th March 2005 15:23
Hondas needed salil_kulkarni Shifting gears 9 13th February 2005 19:19
Pathetic dealers sure to spoil Hondas name speedsatya Motorbikes 5 12th January 2005 15:00
Modded Hondas versus American Muscle GTO The International Automotive Scene 9 18th August 2004 03:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks