Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th July 2009, 12:26   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Toilet humour...or portable loos?

Can anyone tell me what this is all about....and not jokes about it being a 'bog on the blog' puhlease! Nor something you can read 'at your convenience'...or my being 'flushed with success'. It's actually a serious answer to a serious problem...and if you click through here you'll find out more.

Yes it's part of the intriguing MOTIS truck cab interior project which BLB has covered in some depth lately, not least in terms of the news from the Hannover IAA Show where I learn that Mercedes and MAN are to offer the alternative customised interior cab layout - which includes sink, fridge, cooker, microwave and a slide-out toilet - as an off-line option on their top-of-the-range sleeper cabs.

And considering how difficult it is to find a clean toilet, or indeed any toilet at all out on the road it looks a good idea to me, only don't forget to open the window and keep an air freshner handy, sorry but if I didn't mention it one of you would.

And yes for a pie what about a quick caption competition - only keep it clean!

Source: www.roadtransport.com
Attached Images
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Scorpio at karol bagh recently where the rear portion had been cut and sawed to fit a chemical toilet. The spare tyre had been mounted onto the rear door and in its place a steel sheet well dugout was accomodating a toilet. The entire compartment had been partioned with a carpet mounted wooden frame with a collapsible door. The middle bench had been removed and two captain bucket seats fixed in its place.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote