Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 31st July 2009, 02:34   #16

Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
the 5 yr warranty package given is really making waves.

santa fe and genesis and avante are selling like hot cakes even now.
Yes, Hyundai's warranty assurance is real good, and they even allow you to keep your car/SUV for a limited period of time should you lose your source of income.

I stay in Schaumburg, IL - haven't seen many Hyundai Genesis' around - for that price I guess many of the folks here go in for an Acura/Lexus/Merc
PVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 05:23   #17

For a foreign car company to sell their product in USA must meet strict EPA,DOT and NHSTA requirements.The cars are first put through the crash tests and they are rated accordingly.The requirements are different each for each model year .After all this is accomplished ,the car company will need a net work of dealers and sell a quality product with warranmty to back up.In USA ,warranty means a lot .Hyundai had a lot of quality issues when they first enter the US market but over the years the quality has significantly improved and their model Genesis is best luxury car in the entry luxury market.So i think indian automakers has a chance if they can fulfill the american car market requirements.There are a lot of european car models are not available in US e.g fiat not yet may in the near future since fiat has acquired chrysler,Alfa Romeo not avalable,Etc to name a few
TRAUMASURG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 08:27   #18

I am truly surprised with the poll and its results. An average American would not know where India is on the world map. And I don't think any of our cars would make a cut to get into the US market.

Here is what I heard back in 2001 - 2002, during the famous IT/ Dot Com burst. The average American would say this - "As long as you see a lot of Korean cars on the streets, we are in deep downturn". And this was quite true. A lot of Korean cars were available at a great discount to the rest of the manufactures. And when the economy did recover, people bought the BMWs, Mercs, and pretty much every other marque brands.

And down under (Australia), which is considered a land of SUVs, Tata Safari is the least preferred SUV out there. Its quite simple - it just doesn't have the fit & finish to compete with other brands. Not even the Korean ones.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 10:22   #19

This will never happen, with their loq quality products Mahindra is going to fall flat on their faces. Until they have something substantially better they will not do good.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote