Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 22:18   #1636
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

NO sir you are wrong...it is a proper car....it is not a Triumph Herald based fibreglass kit car....
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 03:29   #1637
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

so when am i supposed to give out the answer ???????
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 03:45   #1638
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

one more pic for you guys

ID 372:

Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 10:48   #1639
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Id:372

ID: 372 - GBRoadster

The GB Roadster is made to order and has hand made all alloy space frame chassis. Each GBRoadster is hand made by a team of 6 engineers with a bespoke chassis plate signed by each of them when the car is completed. Numerous specific features can be added or removed according to ones requirement.



GB Roadster comes in 2 models - GB R and GB TR, both has Audi's 3.2 V6 engine. GB R is normally aspirated producing 255 BHP while the TR is the turbo charged version that produces 355 BHP.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 12:04   #1640
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
so when am i supposed to give out the answer ???????
Quote:
Folks:
for the benefit of the newcomers here.

We do not post kit cars, designer one-offs and prototypes here.
Only genuine volume production cars.

another thing -- we should follow a discipline here.
Either identify a posted car and close it
or wait 48 hours for somebody else
or the owner to identify and close it
before posting a new car.

Ram
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post564462
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 12:55   #1641
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

hmm..as i said before ID:370 IS NOT A PROTOTYPE OR A CONCEPT OR A KIT CAR...i am not going to give the answer yet....gonna see for a couple of more days if any one can identify it...
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 13:09   #1642
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hmm..as i said before ID:370 IS NOT A PROTOTYPE OR A CONCEPT OR A KIT CAR...i am not going to give the answer yet....gonna see for a couple of more days if any one can identify it...
Quote:
so when am i supposed to give out the answer ???????
Well you asked when you are supposed to give out the answer. So, according to the rules if no one identifies it within 48 hours then you are supposed to give out the answer. But you can surely wait for a couple of more days if you want.

Quote:
wait 48 hours for somebody else
or the owner to identify and close it
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 17:16   #1643
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

ye cool...ill wait...i am sensing a stumper here....
where are the car recognising efficionados?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 21:29   #1644
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
I think ID:370 is a Triumph Herald based fibreglass kit car.
@CYRUS43. When I saw the wheel, I instantly recognized it as a Standard 10 Pennant/Companion/Herald wheel.



Then remembered that many kit cars were built around Standard/Triumph Herald mechanicals. If you swivel-pop the hood (the entire front apron like a Standard Herald) of the car, you will see the familiar Standard 10/Standard Herald 37 bhp, 948 cc OHV engine.



Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 21:31   #1645
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 131 Times
Default ID:370; 1957 Fairthorpe Electron Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
ye cool...ill wait...i am sensing a stumper here....
where are the car recognising efficionados?
ID:370 is a 1957 Fairthorpe Electron Minor.



They were made until 1973.

It was a kit car based on Standard/Triumph Herald mechanicals.
Like most kit cars, these cars were available fully assembled or in kit form.
About 20 cars were produced per month.
Case closed.

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 22:57   #1646
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
ID:370 is a 1957 Fairthorpe Electron Minor.



They were made until 1973.

It was a kit car based on Standard/Triumph Herald mechanicals.
Like most kit cars, these cars were available fully assembled or in kit form.
About 20 cars were produced per month.
Case closed.

Ram

you got the name right but the details a lil wrong...this is a 57 model and hence came with not a triumph herald engine but coventry climax engine...the later models came with a tr herald engine...
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 23:30   #1647
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
you got the name right but the details a lil wrong...this is a 57 model and hence came with not a triumph herald engine but coventry climax engine...the later models came with a tr herald engine...
The model that used Coventry Climax was Fairthorpe Electron and it was introduced in 1956. It was a 1098cc engine which produced 75 and 100 bhp depending upon the state of tune.
The model that used Standard 10/Triumph engine was Fairthorpe Electron Minor and was introduced in 1957.This is the name by which Fairthorpe is mainly remembered.

Another high powered model Zeta was introduced in 1960 that used a modified Ford Zephyr engine with upto six carburettors and a BRM cylinder head. Then there was Rockette that used a Triumph Vitesse 1600 cc engine.

So the picture posted by you is that of a Electron Minor that used a Standard10/Triumph engine. More than 500 Minors were sold. But still its a Kit car and does not belong here.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 23:33   #1648
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
The model that used Coventry Climax was Fairthorpe Electron and it was introduced in 1956. It was a 1098cc engine which produced 75 and 100 bhp depending upon the state of tune.
The model that used Standard 10/Triumph engine was Fairthorpe Electron Minor and was introduced in 1957.This is the name by which Fairthorpe is mainly remembered.

Another high powered model Zeta was introduced in 1960 that used a modified Ford Zephyr engine with upto six carburettors and a BRM cylinder head. Then there was Rockette that used a Triumph Vitesse 1600 cc engine.

So the picture posted by you is that of a Electron Minor that used a Standard10/Triumph engine. More than 500 Minors were sold. But still its a Kit car and does not belong here.

ohh im sorry...my apologies...read wrong...my bad...
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 01:01   #1649
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

ID:373
What's this large red sedan with the black pin-striping and chrome wheels?



Ram

Last edited by Ram : 14th October 2007 at 01:03.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 02:09   #1650
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
ID:373
What's this large red sedan with the black pin-striping and chrome wheels?



Ram
is that american?? .
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims! Rtech Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5352 16th January 2017 18:23
2014 Octavia VRS - First Official Pics! EDIT: More pics on Page 4 prithwi-81 The International Automotive Scene 58 30th May 2015 14:27
Official Guess the Place Thread deky Shifting gears 264 23rd September 2011 19:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks