Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 13:39   #1171
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
This one should be a breeze.
ID:286 Give the make model and year of this one

Since no ones got it till now, im giving out ID:286

ID:286 is a 1958 Toyota/Toyopet Crown RS-L.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 13:55   #1172
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Id: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
ID:284
Confused. Front looks like a mix of the Corvette (the protruding muscular fenders like the late 70's vette) and Ferrari (partly Daytona) and the butch rear resembles a classic Marcos?? What is it? You got me mate NOteven a Lotus. This is a toughie
The car in question is a 1970 Monteverdi Hai 450SS.

It was powered by a 7 Liter Chrysler Hemi engine which was mounted mid-ship. The design was elegant and bold, but the company was finding it hard to compete with other marquee's such as Ferrari and Lamborghini. In total, only four cars were built. These cars were later known as the 450 GTS.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 00:42   #1173
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
The car in question is a 1970 Monteverdi Hai 450SS.

It was powered by a 7 Liter Chrysler Hemi engine which was mounted mid-ship. The design was elegant and bold, but the company was finding it hard to compete with other marquee's such as Ferrari and Lamborghini. In total, only four cars were built. These cars were later known as the 450 GTS.
Stupid me. was almost there!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 00:46   #1174
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Question

ID:287

-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 01:07   #1175
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

ID:287 is the De Tomaso Deauville
This was De Tomaso's first limousine built between 1971- mid eighties almost till 1988. The car had to compete with Jaguar and Mercedes therefore failed to make a mark. The car had a 5.7 lts V-8 and a three speed ford auto box as std with no manual option. It came with twin fuel tanks and twin fuel pumps with dash mounted switches and guages so that the driver may choose which fuel tank may be employed.
Approx 244 were built

Last edited by V-16 : 19th August 2007 at 01:08.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 01:43   #1176
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

ID:288

V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 04:36   #1177
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Since no ones got it till now, im giving out ID:286

ID:286 is a 1958 Toyota/Toyopet Crown RS-L.
Gogi, this was already identified on
16th August 2007, 15:26
in post #1194
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 10:02   #1178
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
ID:287 is the De Tomaso Deauville
This was De Tomaso's first limousine built between 1971- mid eighties almost till 1988. The car had to compete with Jaguar and Mercedes therefore failed to make a mark. The car had a 5.7 lts V-8 and a three speed ford auto box as std with no manual option. It came with twin fuel tanks and twin fuel pumps with dash mounted switches and guages so that the driver may choose which fuel tank may be employed.
Approx 244 were built
Right bro, its the De Tomaso Deauville, the only four-door sedan built to date by the company. It is also the second rarest production De Tomaso.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 10:33   #1179
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,571
Thanked: 7,753 Times
Default

ID 288 is a 1937-53 Renault Juvaquatre. The only reason I guessed it is coz theres one in Pune peacefully rusting away. Its for sale too. And no, I dont know how much.

karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 11:44   #1180
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
ID 288 is a 1937-53 Renault Juvaquatre. The only reason I guessed it is coz theres one in Pune peacefully rusting away. Its for sale too. And no, I dont know how much.

karlos su kareche dikra. find out about the renault. you cant let these cars fall.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 12:41   #1181
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Id:289

-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 18:26   #1182
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,571
Thanked: 7,753 Times
Default

ID 289.

Wild guess, but is it a Crossley of some sort?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 18:39   #1183
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
ID 289.

Wild guess, but is it a Crossley of some sort?
Indeed its the 1939 Crosley convertible.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 18:42   #1184
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,571
Thanked: 7,753 Times
Default

Hehe lucky guess huh? Looking at the size of the car and the typical front end, I figured it must be a Crossley. If I remember right these small cars were American, while a British company of the same name (maybe spelt with 2 s') made high end luxury cars.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 18:50   #1185
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Yes Karl, Crosley was American. It was a sub compact car, produced between 1939 - 51/52. It had a 2 cylinder air cooled engine producing 13.5 bhp.

The British company you are referring to is Crossle. I may be wrong here.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims! Rtech Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5408 22nd September 2017 13:39
2014 Octavia VRS - First Official Pics! EDIT: More pics on Page 4 prithwi-81 The International Automotive Scene 58 30th May 2015 14:27
Official Guess the Place Thread deky Shifting gears 264 23rd September 2011 19:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks