Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th November 2009, 23:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

great to have these guys back in action. both the episodes are cool
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 12:21   #77
BHPian

it was a great episode.

somehow i can not digest the "Hammerhead-i" defeating the g-wiz (over very own reva) in the drag race. i feel something was missing there . even after the jump start by hammond, i thought g-wiz should have been able to beat jeoff.

the whole episode had a nice indian flavor to it, including the tabla music and the green stig.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 12:32   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
it was a great episode.

somehow i can not digest the "Hammerhead-i" defeating the g-wiz (over very own reva) in the drag race. i feel something was missing there . even after the jump start by hammond, i thought g-wiz should have been able to beat jeoff.

the whole episode had a nice indian flavor to it, including the tabla music and the green stig.
Somehow, I don't think there was anything Indian about it! They were mocking the eco-weenies and hippies IMO!

Having said that, it was vintage Top Gear at it's best! Brilliant episode. I loved it! Geoff, the project car was extremely funny and their 'stringent' tests had me in tears!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 12:51   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Boss that's the TG way of Appreciating the Reva

It was all in Jest to show that the Reva is certainly worth the moolah.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 13:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

That face painting on Jeremy's cheek was the best!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 13:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
That face painting on Jeremy's cheek was the best!
i completely agree.

and i have not seen a single top-gear episode which has been so explicit in its content.

the car design inspiration had it.

the news section had it.

jeremy's face had it.

they are getting more explicit as they grow old.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 14:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Not entirely off topic but I just downloaded " Richard Hammond - Top Gear Uncovered" DVD yesterday . Still have to watch though it looks exciting.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 15:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

top gear has never stopped to entertain me. wonderful episode by the description of it..
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 16:24   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Not entirely off topic but I just downloaded " Richard Hammond - Top Gear Uncovered" DVD yesterday . Still have to watch though it looks exciting.
Hi Dippo!

Could you give us a review on that. I'd be quite interested in downloading that if it's worthwhile (What have I just said! )
Old 27th November 2009, 00:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Anyone seen Jeremy Clarksson's 'Duel'? It's the best thing he's done in the last few years. Just mind blowing stuff! And i mean quite literally Watch it. It's better than the current TG episodes.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 13:50   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I've watched about 40 mins of it. Paused it with great difficulty!

It's really nice! It's got all the hallmarks of Top Gear with some quintessential Richard Hammond-ness....

I initially thought it's just a rehash of some of the old Top Gear reviews, drives, stunts, races, etc(that's what they showed in the preview), but it isnt. It's completely new.

A Bowler Nemesis in the deserts of the Emirates vs a support truck for the same car.

A trail bike route through a mansion, etc...etc.... It's really funny and has a lot for the true car guy in you.

The basic theme is this: What makes a true Top Gear presenter? The qualities, abilities, etc he/she must have. It's really hilarious.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 27th November 2009 at 13:51.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 14:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Woah woah woah!! What a video!!

They saved the best for the last. The last 20 mins were FANTASTIC!

The Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni("This car is actually a retirement present for Balboni. They are making 250 of these in his honour. And I tell you, it beats a gold clock.").

The Ferrari Scuderia 16M.

The Pagani Zonda Cinque.

Insane stuff. This last part is actually Lesson No.8 to be a Top Gear presenter: Passion.

Brilliant stuff!

PS: Time for editing my previous post is over. That is why the duplicate post.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 23:46   #88
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

I've got some terrible news! Mininova has shut down! All the torrents have been removed! And Final Gear as we all know just provides you the link of the torrents from Mininova! We cannot download Top Gear anymore!

EDIT: You can find the torrents on isoHunt : the BitTorrent and P2P search engine

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th November 2009 at 23:50.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Guys, Mininova has shut down!
That's ok. Almost all other torrent sites host TopGear torrents and are equally dependable.

Also, downloaded Richard Hammond's TopGear Uncovered.
Didn't find the entire thing that great. However, the parts I loved most were the race between the Bowler and the team truck, also the race between the Bimmer and the jet engined RC car and last but not the least, the million pound Pagani and the soundtrack that played along the review!!!
MARCUS_520i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 11:23   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
That's ok. Almost all other torrent sites host TopGear torrents and are equally dependable.

Also, downloaded Richard Hammond's TopGear Uncovered.
Didn't find the entire thing that great. However, the parts I loved most were the race between the Bowler and the team truck, also the race between the Bimmer and the jet engined RC car and last but not the least, the million pound Pagani and the soundtrack that played along the review!!!
Hammond's Top Gear Uncovered was quite nice and enjoyable! The Bowler Nemesis is one helluva loony machine! How I'd love to drive that around Bangalore city! When I spot a rather unsuspecting cyclist, I'd be quite tempted

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Balboni was amazing but I'd take one in orange and with a manual tranny over the e-gear. The Ferrari 430 Scuderia 16M looked smashing and sounds like nothing else and the same goes for the 'Carbotanium-ed' Zonda Cinque! All in all, a very nice and thoroughly enjoyable umm.. movie (?)