Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th September 2004, 19:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat it seems has asked it's ferrari engineers to incorporate racing car technology into everyday cars.
Read about it here

Sounds good to me but I only hope the increased electronics don't end up malfunctioning too often or else the punto owner may really lose his mind with fiat. After all, a punto/panda etc will have to be built to a cost unlike a ferrari where the engineers have no constraints of cost.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2004, 21:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Frankly,its too early to talk about all this.
Let them get atleast 1 of them in prodution and check the reliability etc etc.Then probably one can arrive to a conclusion.

I`m not too sure this will work well for Ferrari and Fiat.And ofcourse not forgetting the high price bracket it will fall in.
X

X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2004, 00:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well they did talk about improving aerodynamics which i think can be done fairly cheaply. All cars are aerodynamiclly tested and ferrari enggs will only have to tweak the cars to improve them. But, electronics is something i m not sure off. AS i said cost will be a major hurdle. For example, the stilo abarth is a everyday car and its exciting to know that F1 technology in the form of selespeed gear is avaliable but the Abarth model costs almost 20.000 euros! okay it comes with the 2.4L 5 cylinder 20 valve 170hp engine with sat nav and the works but still 20.000euros is a lot- just a couple of thousands less than the opel vectra! I don't know how they r gonna incorporate ferrari tech electronics in everyday cars but if they can and at a fairly reasonable price then nothing can stop Fiat from becoming Europe's largest car maker!!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote