Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 8th December 2009, 20:06   #1
BANNED

Default Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics

Dubai International Motor Show is the single largest international automotive event in the Middle East. Held once every two years the 2007 exhibition pulled in over 101 000 affluent visitors from all around the Middle East and its neighbouring regions, that included; United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Iran, the CIS, N. Africa and the Indian Subcontinent. Over 600 participants from 27 countries presented the best in design and technology, the world had to offer.

This 2009 show will see over 13 world premieres, 40 regional launches and over 200 new models including Super Cars, Concept Cars and Hybrids.

Despite many of the global economies experiencing challenging times, the Middle East still retains its position as the world's richest consumer market and has been the focus of international players to build up their presence in these lucrative regions.

With a complete representation of automotive sectors under one roof and dedicated showcasing areas for vehicle manufacturers as well as the aftermarket, the Dubai International Motor Show provides automotive professionals the perfect platform to present their product and set up new marketing networks targeting over two billion consumers.

The 10th Dubai International Motor Show
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 10:37   #2
BANNED

Default BMW M1 set to make roaring entrance at Dubai motor show

Dubai: The legendary BMW M1 returns and it will be one of the most stunning debuts of this year's Dubai International Motor Show.

German car manufacturer BMW decided in 2008 to rebuild the M1, which originally was manufactured from 1978 to 1981. It was the only mid-engined BMW to be mass produced and had 273 horsepower in the street version, giving a top speed of 260 km/h.

The new or "retro" version features the same mid-engine layout and borrows styling cues from both the original M1 and the Turbo show car. Both cars were designed by Italian car design superstar Giorgio Giugiaro.

Similarities

It is wider, taller and wilder than the original, but sitting alongside the original, some similarities are clear.

They include ­ the slats over the rear window and the front grille, although BMW has played down the M1 Concept's importance, claiming it is a design exercise celebrating the 30th anniversary of the first M1 hitting the roads.

Commenting on the attention-grabbing model Phil Horton, managing director of BMW Middle East said: "The BMW M1 was an utterly uncompromising super sports car which exuded passion. Its forerunner, the BMW Turbo by Paul Bracq, displayed innovative technical solutions that found their expression in emotional design".

The specifications of the car have not been released yet.

gulfnews : BMW M1 set to make roaring entrance at Dubai motor show
Attached Images

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 23:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Dubai: The legendary BMW M1 returns and it will be one of the most stunning debuts of this year's Dubai International Motor Show.

German car manufacturer BMW decided in 2008 to rebuild the M1, which originally was manufactured from 1978 to 1981. It was the only mid-engined BMW to be mass produced and had 273 horsepower in the street version, giving a top speed of 260 km/h.

The new or "retro" version features the same mid-engine layout and borrows styling cues from both the original M1 and the Turbo show car. Both cars were designed by Italian car design superstar Giorgio Giugiaro.

Similarities

It is wider, taller and wilder than the original, but sitting alongside the original, some similarities are clear.

They include ­ the slats over the rear window and the front grille, although BMW has played down the M1 Concept's importance, claiming it is a design exercise celebrating the 30th anniversary of the first M1 hitting the roads.

Commenting on the attention-grabbing model Phil Horton, managing director of BMW Middle East said: "The BMW M1 was an utterly uncompromising super sports car which exuded passion. Its forerunner, the BMW Turbo by Paul Bracq, displayed innovative technical solutions that found their expression in emotional design".

The specifications of the car have not been released yet.

gulfnews : BMW M1 set to make roaring entrance at Dubai motor show

Supportive news at WorldCarFans.com: Renewed BMW M1 to Debut at Dubai Motor Show
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 21:37   #4
BHPian

heyy all!!
any tbhpians attending the auto show?? i know i am... we could possibly arrange a meet up!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 00:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
heyy all!!
any tbhpians attending the auto show?? i know i am... we could possibly arrange a meet up!!
I am for sure. Let me know when you are planning to visit the place.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Default FJ Stealth and Land Cruiser Extreme

Toyota has put these two on their stand at the motor show, the Land Cruiser Extreme and the FJ Stealth
Attached Thumbnails
Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-toyota_land_cruiser_xtreme_and_fj_stealth.jpg  

wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 23:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
heyy all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
I am for sure. Let me know when you are planning to visit the place.
That's great guys! So we'll have our own photographers? We'd love to see your photographs instead of something off the net!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 16:47   #8
nbr
BHPian

Default Here's my contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's great guys! So we'll have our own photographers? We'd love to see your photographs instead of something off the net!

Here is my contribution ,taken from my Nikon D5000
Attached Thumbnails
Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1178.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1219.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1218.jpg  

Last edited by nbr : 18th December 2009 at 17:03. Reason: post pics
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 17:43   #9
BHPian

Come on guys its been 2 days since the motor show started, and only 3 pics till now???
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 22:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Here is my contribution ,taken from my Nikon D5000
Nice Pics.

Amazing looks. Thats Ferrari for you
Aarman_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 09:35   #11
nbr
BHPian

Thumbs up More pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Nice Pics.

Amazing looks. Thats Ferrari for you
I have been extremely busy last few days in office,so finally managed to go the show on thursday .
Attached Thumbnails
Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1170.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1172.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1189.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1222.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-dsc_1232.jpg  

Last edited by nbr : 19th December 2009 at 09:45.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 20:03   #12

Hi All,
i went to the show today with my 12 year old son. he knows more about cars than me. anyway, between him and me, we shot about 500 photographs. will start uploading as soon as household chores are over (today being saturday, i have to be in office tomorrow).

cheers
DDSK
sharad050865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 20:51   #13

Here are the starters..... enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-picture-137.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-picture-138.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-picture-139.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-picture-106.jpg  

Dubai Motor Show 2009 - Preview and Pics-picture-103.jpg  

sharad050865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 22:02   #14
Team-BHP Support

What have they done to that Turbo! Lamborghini style scissor doors should stay on a Lamborghini! Not a Porsche!

But that carbon fiber-ed R8 looks tasty!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 22:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Man, people in UAE are so obsessed with Gold! I see so many 'Gold editions' of cars coming up from manufacturers!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote