Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 5th October 2004, 13:17   #1
BHPian

I just read this and was pretty suprised, I want to get a hold of this mag man..

Germancarfans Forum with further discussion and details on the test

The article is not available, but to highlight few points

Enzo <span style='color:red'>beat</span> the CGT by 20kmph in topspeed

CGT <span style='color:red'>thrashed</span>( ) the enzo around track

CGT and Murcielago and ofcourse the SLR beat the Enzo in breaking

CGT completed the Nurburgring <span style='color:red'>1st</span> beating the Enzo

SLR <span style='color:red'>killed</span> everything in highspeed acceleration (need more emoticons man)

Murcielago was faster than the SLR on track

Murcielago out accelerated SLR up until 270, when SLR killed everything else..

And these guys are talking about a stripped down version of the SLR, (<span style='color:red'>Man where are those emoticons when you need them</span>) what will that do man..kill everything out there?

Out of these my Favs still remain
1. SLR
2. Murcielago
3. Carrera GT
4. Enzo
5. whatever else they had
Cheers

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2004, 14:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude, you don't have to try that hard to get a copy. just pick up the Sept issue of Autocar India, it has all the details.

Top Speed
Enzo - 349.9kmph
Lambo -325.2kmph
SLR - 329.2kmph
CGT - 329.2kmph

Lap Time - (Oval Track)
Enzo - 55 secs
SLR - 57.5 secs
CGT - 53.9 secs
Lambo - 55.8 secs

0-100kmph
Enzo - 3.6
SLR - 3.8
CGT - 3.8
Lambo - 3.7

Braking - 240-0kmph
Enzo - 215 mtrs
SLR - 221 mtrs
CGT - 191 mtrs
Lambo - 212 mtrs

1/4 mile
Enzo - 11.4
SLR - 11.5
CGT - 11.5
Lambo - 11.8

1000 m
Enzo - 20.1
SLR - 20.5
CGT - 20.4
Lambo - 21.4

Beating the Enzo on an ovel track is one thing, beating it on a circuit is a diff ballgame.

Shan2nu

Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2004, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

What amazes me is that if you compare the decade old Mclaren F1 against these cars, it still has the kinda performance that can shame the rest.

Mclaren F1

Top Speed
244mph (391kmph) I have the video of this.

0-100 kmph
3.2 secs

1/4 mile
11.1 sec

Stnd KM
19.6 secs

Truly, an amazing piece of machinery. A legend among super cars.

Info on the Mclaren F1.....

Shan2nu

Old 5th October 2004, 17:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Beating the Enzo on an ovel track is one thing, beating it on a circuit is a diff ballgame.
The CGT does beat the Enzo on circuit as well as the Ring, which is by far the best combination of the real world and closed circuit conditions. Although WR wouldn't disclose how big the margin is, but there is not much in it.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2004, 18:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Did you mean &quot;Ring&quot; as in &quot;Nurburgring&quot;. Please, these cars were tested by diff people, make the same guy test both cars and then see the diff.

Waiting for the &quot;Stig&quot; to drive Enzo on top gear this season.

Shan2nu
Old 5th October 2004, 21:28   #6
BHPian

the SLR can do wonders man... one german mag ( i think koenig or something) took the SLR, stripped its interior luxuries, fixed a light weight manual gearbox, 20&quot; tyres, they didnt do anything to the engine as it was already set high by the amg,... .. i forgot the other modification.. and it was reported it clocked 228 MPH which is around 365 KPH!!! will post more information as i get.
BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2004, 22:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well first of all, Enzo's are hardly available for tests, part of it's exclusivity program. And a test conducted sometime back at the Autodromo del Levante, the Enzo was yet again beaten by the CGT, on track, by a good 1.5 secs or so. I guess now it's only a fact everybody happens to know in the industry. I'm sure i had already posted this on TB, only a matter of doing a search. Yeah i did mean the Nurburgring, and not all tests conducted have different drivers, like the ones by Sport Auto, will see if i can find more information on that one. But straight line the Enzo does win the numbers, which of course hardly matters, to me.
Old 5th October 2004, 23:25   #8
BHPian

And now 9ff tunner is planning on slapping the CGT with twin tubos...wooohhooo!! now that would make it crazier..
_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2004, 00:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, to be honest, i'm really not surprised by the CGT's performance. What really hinders its top speed is its design, which basically is a modified carrera design. Don't get me wrong, the Carrera is aerodynamic, but not enough to beat a Ferrari on top speed if the specs were similar.

The braking kings are Porsches. So this performance is nothing but expected.

Porsches are built to go very fast around tracks. There is no doubt in anyone's mind, not even Ferrari's when the world says that Porsche is the best racing and engineering firm for cars in the world. Which is why, even Daewoo went to Porsche to tune the Matiz, Harley to build the V-rod engine and so on.

The fact that the McLaren-F1 is so concentrated a car, it needs a very finely tuned replica to beat it. No, i really don't see even the Veyron beating it, all that mass and unaerodynamic shape leading to delayed production.

IMO, u want a car with all the specs, top speed and balance between top speed and ability to go around a track, you buy the Enzo. If you want a flexible cruiser that also can give a wake up call to anyone on the road, buy the SLR. If you want a car that continuously doesn't deviate from the line by more than 0.5 mm, lap after lap after lap with all the flash and dash of a supercar, you buy the Carrera GT. To each his own.

Revvmaster

Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2004, 01:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

What about the Murcielago? Lol. Show off eh?

Shan2nu
Old 6th October 2004, 02:53   #11
BHPian

Hey Shan2nu can you send me that video of the Mc laren F1
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2004, 03:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Weird part is discussion of any of the 3 supercars, immediately involves stating of some quick pub ammo type facts concerning the other two. That's because they are placed in this particular niche of a market dominated by silicon valley people and TV megastars and music stars and just general gliterati and richie men, who wont ever if their life depended on it, exploit these engineering marvels to even half their potentials. They could ever so slightly caress the keyboard, but will never ever do the same to a car. Which is why all i think these companies should do is, price a car close to 300,000USD, and make sure it makes atleast 600bhp on paper, doesn't matter if it makes only half that in the real world, and make sure that 1000 is the absolute limit on the number produced. Couple of years later make sure the engine has upgrades and makes twice as much on paper, but give it only 10 real world HP. You got yourself a winner!