Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:44   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Gulp! Now, it'll be extremely hard to choose between the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera and the Gallardo LP 550-2 Balboni! Why does Lamborghini make everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, so hard!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:04   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Well its not too hard for me,because i buy them all in my imagination!
It has the superveloce air dam.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

This one looks smoking hot!! But there's an overdose of alcantara in the interiors!
@ Suhaas, i don't think it's gonna be really difficult to choose between this and the LP550-2. It's only whether you prefer going sideways with the RWD LP550 or going fast around a corner without losing much grip in the LP570 And btw i assume the Balboni stock is now over
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:24   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Well its not too hard for me,because i buy them all in my imagination!
It has the superveloce air dam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This one looks smoking hot!! But there's an overdose of alcantara in the interiors!
@ Suhaas, i don't think it's gonna be really difficult to choose between this and the LP550-2. It's only whether you prefer going sideways with the RWD LP550 or going fast around a corner without losing much grip in the LP570 And btw i assume the Balboni stock is now over
Yeah, but both look so hot in their own ways! I adore that stripe that runs across the length of the LP 550-2. I also love the interiors. But at the same time, I love the crazy Murcielago LP 670-4SuperVeloce inspired nose, diffuser and spoiler on the Gallardo LP 570-4! I love the fact that the LP 550-2 is RWD. Argh! Anyway, you guys seem to have not understood my pun in my previous post!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:36   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

The Superleggera weighs just 2,954 pounds. The last Superleggera tipped the scales at (a still light) 3,153 lbs, which means the new, much more powerful car is 199 pounds lighter. In fact, it weighs 33 pounds less than a Porsche Boxster – which is nuts! How'd Lambo pull it off?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:32   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The Superleggera weighs just 2,954 pounds. The last Superleggera tipped the scales at (a still light) 3,153 lbs, which means the new, much more powerful car is 199 pounds lighter. In fact, it weighs 33 pounds less than a Porsche Boxster – which is nuts! How'd Lambo pull it off?
Wow! Those are some insane statistics! Lighter than a Porsche Boxster! That speak a lot about how much effort Lamborghini are pumping in to make the Superleggera so special and amazing!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:16   #22
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

holy smokes!! and i thoyght the VB 550-2 was mad!!
btw guys, is this RWD or the traditional AWD??
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:43   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I hope the Gallardo doesnt go soon. It's one of the my all time favourite supercars. I would be very sad to see the end of it :(
Same here! But trust Sant'Agata to come up with something even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Gulp! Now, it'll be extremely hard to choose between the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera and the Gallardo LP 550-2 Balboni! Why does Lamborghini make everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, so hard!
Not quite,because the LP 550-2 VB is cheaper than even the stock LP 560-4,while this Superleggera is sure to cost a bomb! Not too hard for me,I'd plonk for the Superleggera if I had the dough! It simply blows the the other Gallardos away,in every aspect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
btw guys, is this RWD or the traditional AWD??
Its the usual.AWD.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 00:38   #24
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Same here! But trust Sant'Agata to come up with something even better!



Not quite,because the LP 550-2 VB is cheaper than even the stock LP 560-4,while this Superleggera is sure to cost a bomb! Not too hard for me,I'd plonk for the Superleggera if I had the dough! It simply blows the the other Gallardos away,in every aspect!



Its the usual.AWD.
sorry for going OT but i thought the VB was more expensive than the regular. i guess i saw it on TG when Hammond was driving it to pick up James may.

and you say the SuperLeggera is AWD and is still the lightest Lambo?? i.e, lighter than the RWD VB 550!! that is indeed quite an achievement by their engineers!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 23:13   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Spyshots of the Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera Spyder being tested at the 'Ring!
The spoiler is absent but the wheels and the large front spoiler and rear diffuser make it clear that this is a Superleggera!

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/29/s...-caught-testi/
Attached Thumbnails
Lambo Gallardo LP570-4 Superveloce and Superleggera-lambo31277823239.jpg  

Lambo Gallardo LP570-4 Superveloce and Superleggera-lambo51277823242.jpg  

Lambo Gallardo LP570-4 Superveloce and Superleggera-lambo71277823244.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 00:18   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Great scoop, theragingbull!

I wonder if a Gallardo Superleggera Spyder would work? Isn't it supposed to be a lighter, more hardcore version of the regular Gallardo? Taking the roof off doesn't make sense then. Having said that, the Ferrari 430 Scuderia 16M is a phenomenal piece of kit, especially for a convertible!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green / Verde Ithaca Lamborghini LP570 Superleggera in Mumbai! speedy Super-Cars & Imports in India 44 24th January 2013 17:17
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Facelift and LP570-4 Edizione Tecnica - Revealed! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 5 16th October 2012 17:44
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale - Revealed! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 5 18th September 2011 16:15
Lamborghini to launch Gallardo Superleggera in India rahul_intlad The Indian Car Scene 19 1st April 2007 23:28
Lambo to launch Gallardo Spider and Gallardo Piton v12 The International Automotive Scene 5 17th July 2005 14:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks