Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 11th January 2010, 21:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

While the Focus (atleast the 2008/2009) has been a good looking car, very little credit can be given to the fit & finish of the car.I'm sure that would change in the 2011-2012 model,though.
OT:Had a 2008/2009 Ford Focus as a rental car for 2 weeks, and I was disgusted with the vehicle.Underpowered & horrible fit & finish.I was waiting to return the car and get my Mazda back from the body shop.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 21:50   #17

Wow is the word for the new Focus. Looks like Ford is trying really hard to step their game up. The car looks perfect from all angles. The exteriors look very sleek and sporty especially with those five spoke alloys. But im sure that Ford will take their own time to bring the Focus to India.

Last edited by aparth : 11th January 2010 at 21:53.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 00:13   #18

hmmm..... like the fiat bravo, very much a 'photocopy and enlarge' of a good looking b segment car.... therefore loosing some of the fiesta's distinctiveness... not keen on the 3 piece bottom grill... random triangles by the foglights..... and the tailights are a mess.
classiccars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 08:32   #19
Infractions: 0/2 (8)

For a change, the estate version looks a million bucks to the sedan
vittalnrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 08:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop Sid!

I did see some of this stuff on TV here in WA, DC. However, there were concerns expressed on a News Channel yesterday that the new state of art cabin features like reading emails might distract the driver, but Ford officials were defending it.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 01:11   #21

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Is it just me, or the hatchback looks very much like the Fiat Bravo?
Me too...

Even they copied the color of Bravo
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 11:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Looks good, but somehow my first impression was that it looks like a Hyundai.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 09:01   #23

What's with the ugly front grille on an otherwise handsome car? I am predicting a mid-cycle refresh within the first 2 years of launch. Other than that, Ford seems to have gotten it right. That killer 2 litre direct injected engine with the dual clutch transmission is certainly a deal clincher.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 11:10   #24

One of the mission values for the ONE Ford strategy is to 'Accelerate development of new products our customers want and value".
Now I know I would be a sucker to really believe what car companies say and what they actually deliver. But I am just wondering, wouldn't Ford actually benefit from rolling out the Focus simultaneously in China and India and benefiting from economies of scale since 80% of the Focus would be similar in all aspects around the world. And with production planned in Chongqing, thats the closest where we can get our Focus from. But thats just a dream I guess. Ford India till date hasn't shown any inclination or aggressiveness in terms of it's model plans or designs. Sprucing up older generation platforms and marketing them under the guise of 'developed for India' is a tactic thats been going on for too long. But I, for one, do hope the ONE Ford program gives Ford India the foresight and India the access to latest cars. For Ford to really do well here in India, they should launch the Focus asap IMO. That would help them inch closer in perception to a Honda or a Toyota.
Coming to the car, I like the Mondeo-ish sedan profile and rear end. Don't fancy the front though with the weird shaped headlamps and the 3 piece lower grille. I prefer the one piece lower deep grille from the current Focus.
Overall the car doesn't 'look' as revolutionary as my perception of the 'Focus' brand. Gen I Focus was a stonker, Gen II was evolutionary and hence was hoping for something exciting with the Gen III, something more in line with the Iosis Max concept. Just loved the front end on that one.
But the design could be a casualty of the ONE Ford program itself - too many people to be please with a common design language.
Anthym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 14:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

If Ford still doesn't get it(the sedan) here,they are bound to lose a sizable share of the market.Just look at the car.The looks alone can make it fly off shelves.
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:24   #26

make it here at @ 12-13 lakhs and it will give a good run for the money for the establish players altis ,cruze,civic etc .
worth buying anytime!
quattroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote