Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd February 2010, 01:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Ford kick backs in style with the 2011 Mustang GT !!!!

Just when we thought the Mustang days were over ,What with Chevrolet introducing the 2010 Camaro SS with 6.2 litre ,426 Hp V8 engine. It seemed pretty clear Chevy upped their game a lot even with their absence in the field for 40 years. And it literally left Mustang shockingly, all of a sudden 2nd best( which kinda broke our hearts ).But all ye Mustang fans,quit worrying coz Ford has just unleashed their plans to dethrone the Camaro's short fame.

Let's first talk about 2010 where why Camaro suddenly took first spot.
The 2010 Mustang GT was totally underpowered with just 315 Hp ,4.6 litre V8, but it managed to stay in competition mainly due to its super light weight.The interiors were never really great in any of the american muscle cars.So it all boils down just to performance for the die hard muscle car fans.
0-100 km/h for the Camaro SS comes in 4.8 seconds, the Mustang GT comes pretty close to it at 4.9 seconds . Not bad actually but then on, the Mustang GT can not quite catch up to the Camaro simply because of a 111 Hp deficiency.Which left us all disappointed.

If you see practicality point of view Mustang would still be hot favourite because there is actually more rear space than the Camaro which is a bit crampped. But believe you me, the rear seats are actually usable in both the cars with the Mustang having more space.The trunk space on the Camaro is awkwardly tiny.I don't think even a tiny school bag would fit into such a small gap.The Mustang is decent in this regard.

In times of soaring oil prices , how can we not talk about the mileage.The Camaro SS gives approx. 6.14 km/litre and the Mustang GT gives a slightly better mileage of 7.5 km/litre.Please note that the V6 engines of both the cars give even better mileage's.

All said and done , obviously the more practical car of the lot would be a GT since its better in all aspect ,even the price is lower because the Mustang still uses an ancient rear axle setup to cut down costs which of course affects handling but in a very less extent ,but then who buys a sports car based on just practicality right So in 2010 the Camaro just beat the Mustang GT .Plain and Simple.

Guess Ford didn't take this lightly, as guess what.They are planning to introduce the 2011 Ford GT. And hear this all ye fans.The freaking engine is a 5.0 litre V8 which pumps out 412 hp.Hurray now i can see smiles on all your faces.hehehe but wait the best part is yet to come ,the 2011 Mustang GT gives a surprising mileage of 11-12 Km/litre also. This now my friends can actually put most sedans to shame in India.Well i definitely can not give you the speed tests time for this car as it has not been reviewed by anyone as yet.But Ford is just about to kick back d Camaro in style.That's all that matters. With such practicality and performance the Mustang GT or the V6 can actually be good sellers in India too rather than that ugly 350 Z from Nissan.I hope Ford is reading this.Make us fans happy Ford !!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford kick backs in style with the 2011 Mustang GT !!!!-fordmustang_gt_2011_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg  

Ford kick backs in style with the 2011 Mustang GT !!!!-fordmustang_gt_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg  

Ford kick backs in style with the 2011 Mustang GT !!!!-fordmustang_gt_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_10.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd February 2010 at 14:03. Reason: See the note in your post.
Old 2nd February 2010, 03:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Decent specs! Style wise there's not much, but I guess no one'll complain!
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

This looks like the previous mustang only thing i think that has changed has been the headlights and the new lines on the bonet.
Nothing radical but the shelby version of the same mustang is really cool.
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! this is awesome to hear 5Lt motor pumping 412HP & returning 11 Kmpl. But what about the pricing? I hope the pricing is still comptetitive with others. To me, Mustang, Camaro & the Challenger are my all time favs.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Still can't generate the emotions a chevy camaro does

just my opinion
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Can the mods correct the thread title as "Ford kicks back" please? "Ford kick backs" gives a different connotation!
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
too rather than that ugly 350 Z from Nissan.
Nissan has not introduced the 350 Z in India. What it has introduced is not ugly, far from it.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:48   #8
BHPian

That 11 km/L gas mileage figure should be taken with a grain of salt. I'd say for daily driving, subtract 20-25% from it. Still makes a great engine, but just thought I should share.

The styling is unchanged from the 2010 model, but that monster 5.0 V8 has enough power and torque to shame a few Corvettes.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:50   #9
BHPian

A 5.0 litre engine with 412BHP giving 11-12 kmpl is very surprising. Any idea how Ford is managing that. May be i dont know much but this should be kind of a record on its own
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
This looks like the previous mustang only thing i think that has changed has been the headlights and the new lines on the bonet.
Nothing radical but the shelby version of the same mustang is really cool.
Exterior look wise there is very little change.The main change is the engine.With good performance and mileage as well.Tough to beat this combination i guess.Shelby has always been a better version of the Mustang with all those crazy mods.The previous Shelby was capable of pumping out 500 Hp.(ok real time i guess it's just 475 Hp) Can't imagine how much the 2011 shelby would dispatch.Probably 600 + Hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
A 5.0 litre engine with 412BHP giving 11-12 kmpl is very surprising. Any idea how Ford is managing that. May be i dont know much but this should be kind of a record on its own
It even took me by surprise.But was very happy reading about it.Makes me want it even more now.Ford has not disclosed anything about how they achieved it.They only kept bragging about the engine and performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Whoa!!! this is awesome to hear 5Lt motor pumping 412HP & returning 11 Kmpl. But what about the pricing? I hope the pricing is still comptetitive with others. To me, Mustang, Camaro & the Challenger are my all time favs.
Since they have a competition with Camaro now , pricing too will be very competitve. It would defintely not exceed 1500-2000 $ from the previous years model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can the mods correct the thread title as "Ford kicks back" please? "Ford kick backs" gives a different connotation!
I think it's perfectly alright, It was meant for the Chevy and the Challenger.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th August 2010 at 01:59.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

Topic already being discussed here (First official pics: 2010-11 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT and BOSS 302 R)

This thread is closed
Closed Thread