Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 13th September 2005, 08:53   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Clarkson gets creamed

Pie In The Face For Clarkson At Ceremony Monday September 12, 10:19 PM Broadcaster Jeremy Clarkson has been hit in the face with a custard pie at a degree ceremony.The outspoken Top Gear presenter was at Oxford Brookes University to collect an honorary degree in recognition of his "passion for engineering".But the decision has proved to be controversial, and protesters, including members of Oxford's Green Party, assembled outside the presentation dressed in Clarkson's trademark tight jeans and wigs.

Security was tight and police outnumbered the the protesters,
who waved banners reading On Yer Bike Clarkson at the gates.

But one woman managed to gain access to a media call after the degree ceremony.

She dashed out in front of the television cameras and, as Mr Clarkson posed in his cap and gown, removed what appeared to be a custard pie from a wrapped-up newspaper and hit him full in the face.

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

Mr Clarkson has been criticised for engaging in stunts such as driving a 4x4 through an environmentally-sensitive peat bog in Scotland and inciting people to break the law by hiding mobile phone use while driving.

Speaking before the assault, he defended his record on environmental issues, saying: "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."

Nearly 3,000 people signed an online petition against Clarkson receiving the honorary degree

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12092005/14...-ceremony.html
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 10:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

I think the world is getting too anal! People need to lighten up really.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 10:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree Rtech, people watch his shows and laugh and then they act like this!!!
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 14:08   #4
BHPian

Well heres the pic of Jeremy Clarkson.

Source-Dailymail.co.uk
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 14:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Quote:
I totally agree Rtech, people watch his shows and laugh and then they act like this!!!
That doesn't mean they like him. There are a lot of people who hate him too AND watch Top Gear. Only difference is that they don't watch it to see him, but to see the cars.

Same as - you might hate someone, but you may like his jokes.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 14:39   #6
BHPian

LOL - Would love to know what Jeremy had to say after this episode. But its damn crude - A difference of opinion is great but it should not get this insulting.

GTO
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 14:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

If the pie was good to eat I would not mind getting creamed myself.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 15:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

i dont think jc will mind too much.will be intresting to see his views in the topgear(sunday times column).

and as usual the greens have no work to do.what can u expect from people running naked around IMF meetings in the name of enviorment.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 18:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Daymm. This is a too much. Personal preferences and principals can definately be different. This is no way to prove a point for some individuals who love the environment more than they love their life. This is sick.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 19:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Frankly. TV is very influential. Top Gear has a lot of viewers watching the show. When Jeremy talks about going fast on streets, doing stunts, etc, there are people listening in, and to cover his talks he includes sarcastically - "Since this is the BBC, we'll have to agree with the rules". And for all you know, they will follow his words and what happens? Simple, a new topic opens in Team BHP about a horrific accident. He's even said indirectly that why buy a hybrid when you can get a nice fast car, thus discouraging hybrid buyers. He's also said Oil companies are nice and that what is wrong in a oil leak - "all you get is some sticky birds". Now that doesn't sound good.
Old 13th September 2005, 19:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
He's also said Oil companies are nice and that what is wrong in a oil leak - "all you get is some sticky birds". Now that doesn't sound good.
But he has not yet creamed Medha Patkar or any other environmentalist for that matter.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 20:45   #12
BANNED

Here's a suggestion for all the *#$&ing environmentalists..
Why don't you go end your life so that there's less of a strain on the world's eco system... thats a good way of conserving the natural resources that they are WASTING by protesting people like JC!!!
BTW how did these "conservationists or environmentalists" get to the place to protest against JC... did they walk, hitch-hike or take the bus??
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 21:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys, relax. Abroad, pie-smashing is not a personal insult. In fact, there's this European chap who's obsession it is to cream-pie celebrities. He's managed the Bills (Gates and Clinton) and Tom Cruise, at last count.

BTW, I don't know how many of you have read Born To Be Riled. He describes a bad job done as "a junction box nailed together by an Indian". Face it, he revels in bias and controversy.

Gordon, he said there's no point buying a Prius when a big, fast Audi A8 diesel gives you better FE, that too on diesel.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 21:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Gordon, he said there's no point buying a Prius when a big, fast Audi A8 diesel gives you better FE, that too on diesel.
Actually I wasn't talking about the Prius. I was talking about his expression and comment on Christian Slater buying a Lexus Hybrid.

Well anyways I think a hybrid is eco-friendly not only because of the fuel efficiency but also because of lesser emissions.
Old 13th September 2005, 23:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

The bottom line is, Jokes and humour are meant to be taken with a smile and laughter. Those who cant digest it, sadly are such kind of people. Ridiculous people. Losers to be on point.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote