Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 10th March 2010, 23:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Corvette ZO6 Carbon - 2011

“Designed to further incorporate technology developed through racing, the Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition is a tribute to the 50th anniversary of Corvette’s first race in the 24 Hours of LeMans,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet General Manager. “With a limited production of 500 units, this car is a must-have for the true Corvette collector and driving enthusiast.”

This limited edition Z06 will boast Brembo carbon ceramic brakes with specific dark gray metallic calipers. These powerful brakes were first introduced on the ZR1. Black 20-spoke 19-inch front/20-inch rear wheels complement the car’s Michelin PS2 tires. Other mechanical features include Magnetic Selective Ride Control for the first time on the Z06 and enhanced cooling. The car also features a special carbon pattern engine cover.

The Corvette Z06 Carbon will be available in two colors: Inferno Orange and the all-new Supersonic Blue. Black headlamps and mirrors, a ZR1-style body color spoiler, body color door handles, carbon fiber raised hood, and black carbon fiber rockers and splitter enhance the Z06’s dynamic design and reduce mass and aerodynamic lift. For track events, customers can also install the Euro-styled racing numbers that come with each car.

The Z06 Carbon’s ebony leather and suede interior is complemented by blue or orange seat stitching to match the exterior color chosen. Other features include a unique steering wheel emblem, sill plate and logoed headrest. The suede used on the steering wheel, shifter, seat inserts, armrests and doors add to the luxury of this limited edition Z06.

An optional Z07 performance package that includes the mechanical upgrades introduced on the Z06 Carbon can be added to a regular 2011 Z06. This package also includes Competition Gray 20-spoke wheels and all the chassis and cooling upgrades.

The CFZ Z06 carbon fiber package includes black carbon fiber rockers, splitter and roof panel with the full-width body color spoiler. It can also be purchased with or without the Z07 package on regular Z06 models.

The 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition, as well as the new Z07 and CFZ Z06 option packages will be available in late summer.

Note from Support: Please mention the source from where you have taken the article.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dippy : 11th March 2010 at 09:56. Reason: See note in post. We request you to go through the rules before proceeding further.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 06:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

This model has been around for far too long. The least they could have done is change the design a little bit.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 21:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Hey Scorcher, so there are no upgrades to the engine is it ?? Just cosmetic stuff's and nice brakes.

But the car does look cool with those black alloys

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2010 at 20:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 23:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hey Scorcher, so there are no upgrades to the engine is it ?? Just cosmetic stuff's and nice brakes.
Sorry buddy, no info on the Engine updates. Will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
But the car does look cool with those black alloys
+1 to that, the rims are to die for !

OT - Buddy, please avoid making back to back posts.
Old 12th March 2010, 19:10   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow I don't like the colour. Infact the best Vette I've seen till now has been a member's yellow Vette (now sold for an R35).
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 02:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Somehow I don't like the colour. Infact the best Vette I've seen till now has been a member's yellow Vette (now sold for an R35).
+1 to that. If it is a Carbon edition, it has to be either black or CF.
Old 14th March 2010, 11:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well thanks for the compliment guys. I wish I could have kept it and brought it down with me when I move back to india later this yr.

I absolutely love the vette. I have had the R35 for some time now and I dont see why the vette could be any less of a car, esp at its price tag, the only thing I would give to the GT-R is its higher quality interior and AWD.

This new edition is an absolute beauty, the wheels, the body kit, the brakes are just insane. To think that the carbon ceramic brakes, the exact same one going into the R35 specV which cost about 50k are being sold for 8.5k on the vette is just insane.

If it was not for this winter here, a kid and wife, I would have had my car built by now to look exactly like this, just with a ton more horsepower. Oh well I am trying to figure out this TR so that I can bring the R35 and possibly a Vette, but doesnt seem like it will happen with the R35 based on the current information on TR, but may be I will look into the Vette.

And BTW Karthik how has this car been out too long? it came as a 2005 model year, this is the 2011 MY. both the lambos came out before this car.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

It looks B.E.A.utiful (dialogue inspired from The Mask) to me
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 13:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
This new edition is an absolute beauty, the wheels, the body kit, the brakes are just insane. To think that the carbon ceramic brakes, the exact same one going into the R35 specV which cost about 50k are being sold for 8.5k on the vette is just insane.
That's what a 'Vette is all about.The poor(relatively!) man's Ferrari.Its a steal when compared to other exotics.Absolute bang for your buck stuff,especially the epic ZL-1 'Blue Devil'..!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote