Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2010, 11:56   #31
BHPian

My two pfennigs worth.

VW cars have a slightly different (read higher) quality benchmark visa-vis that of Skoda. VAG won't highlight this fact but privately they do concur. Therefore there is a slight difference (albeit intangible) in the way the cars feel when driven.

GTO hits the nail when he talks about QoS and customer experience. When I was out looking for a car in 2009 my first choice was the RS (which was unavailable by then); I was turned off by the Skoda salesmen who were unable to appreciate my requirements. I turned to VW for two reasons ( the first was the quality issue as above, the second was my familiarity and satisfaction with VW, having driven their cars previously).

Regards
Old 15th June 2010, 18:28   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
VW cars have a slightly different (read higher) quality benchmark visa-vis that of Skoda. VAG won't highlight this fact but privately they do concur.
I think they highlight it very much! They may do it in subtle, rather than clearly stated ways, but the perceived Skoda < VW < Audi hierarchy is very much a part of the group's marketing strategy.

Of course, VW would never say "don't buy skoda", any more than Audi would say "don't buy VW
Closed Thread