Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 9th November 2017, 04:20   #5956
BHPian

Default Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
+1. My friend bought a 2012 Fusion with 85k miles on the odo for around $7k couple of years back. The car was mostly trouble free and drives very good. But he got an issue with alternator which needs to be replaced. The dealership quoted around $1300 for replacing it. He got it done at a local garage for around $400. He sourced the part from a scrapyard.

The build quality of Ford cars are very good compared to the Japs and Koreans. They are built like a tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Indeed. It does seem a bit high but then, on checking with some locals, I'm told Subaru's do retain good value out here. Either ways I have no intention of buying this anymore as it goes out of budget if after considering low-balling efforts.

Now set my eyes on a few low-mile CPO Ford Focus's.

Low-miler : My definition of low-miler is a car with 12k or lesser miles per year.
how do you guys see?

Interestingly,Ford Fusions, I'm told, are favorites to the Insurance folks and attracts lesser rate. Lower insurance = lower Opex since car pays back but insurance money doesn't.

Michigan Dwellers- can you confirm?
Won't recommend a Focus with DCT. They have crazy amount of issues.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...rshift-owners/

... on the plus side, you can click on the settlement link and probably gset some money after the transmission blows up.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote