Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th April 2010, 15:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

For a fact I know diesel corolla will be in by another two months ~ june. whether it will be the facelifted one or not is the question. and also it will be 1 lac more than petrol variant.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 15:46   #17
BHPian

Looks better than the current model. Thank god i didnt buy the corolla or else i would have been kicking myself looking at the new facelift. Also the new diesel engine will make it the best seller in its segment.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 13:57   #18
BHPian

The front end of the current altis is quite nice, it's the back that gets my goat, the lights look like a 11 year old designed it, i am glad to see them go. Any update to the interior is welcome, considering how far ahead Civic's dashboard is. I really do hope they don't wait for too long to launch for the facelift, though what nik_kapur said makes sense, but lets hope it comes sooner
ishaanranderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Those are really subtle changes, but the rear certainly makes a difference. I hated those taillights, they were a puffier version of the previous gen's tail-lights. Besides, is the new Civic planned to be brought out anytime soon?
Saarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 18:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Those are really subtle changes, but the rear certainly makes a difference. I hated those taillights, they were a puffier version of the previous gen's tail-lights. Besides, is the new Civic planned to be brought out anytime soon?
The changes in the headlight & tail-light design are much as was done in the older model. But, these make the car look smarter to what is being on sale these days.

The scoop pictures of new Civic (which I believe is the American version as against the European version that we get in India) has been shown earlier under Indian Cars section.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:42   #21
BHPian

Planning on buying the corolla within a month, i hope this update doesn't come in as soon as i buy my car, that would be a real bummer. Though i like the new front end, it sets it apart from the other cars
ishaanranderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Altis is doing well at the moment. Not even the Cruze with diesel power is able to dethrone this car. Sales are really good for this car considering the price.

This facelift will only come when there is some stiff competition from others, notable Civic.

2) Altis diesel. During our recent visit to Toyota dealer, the sales person told me that Altis diesel will be launched end-2010. The car will have 1.6 diesel engine with really good FE.

I am not sure about this news.

3) Considering a five year life cycle for Corolla, the current Altis was launched in 2006 in international markets IIRC. Is it not time for a new Corolla in 2011 ?
cruze did dominate corolla in the last month of may for the first time ever , lets see will it hold it their.
quattroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:58   #23
BHPian

it is a big yawn; firstly i don't like the way Altis looks; other than the steering wheel i guess rest is just a big bore.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 19:34   #24
Team-BHP Support

Honda is getting in design each time they revamp their product and come up with some radical and good looking product. Whereas, Toyota has not been able to replicate in their sedan segment ( MUV they are doing pretty well).

This facelift has just made the Altis even more uglier. Interiors may look better from the "old" Altis and for some it may look a bit gaudy.

Overall, a boring and lethargic looking car got a bit more worse.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 16:07   #25
BANNED

the facelift will be lauched with a diesel engine first.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 22:58   #26
BANNED

Corolla/Altis: wanna be Camry!

looks like toyota is not able to facelift the Altis to take on Civic.
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-25092010352.jpg  

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-25092010353.jpg  

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-25092010349.jpg  

Facelifted Corolla Altis (in Europe)-25092010348.jpg  

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote